Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Header Menu?

In the pages area, you can drag a page to indent underneath a parent page, kind of like categories.

This functionality makes it seem like it is a sub heading the menu. However, theres no way to save this configuration.

Is this correct, and am I doing something wrong?

-Lucas

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

AFAIK, Basic Pages doesn't have a hierarchical sorting mechanism. I believe the indent highlighting is a byproduct of the plugin he (@ShadowDare) uses for the drag and drop functionality.

It would be pretty cool to add this as a feature.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Ahh, ok that makes more sense. For some reason I thought there was parenting. I think its because I've used VanillaCMS a bit too.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013

The dragging feature was added recently to let users change the order of the pages in the menu. It uses the dragging script used for categories, but with hierarchical sorting disabled. It should save the order of pages once you've finished dragging one.

I haven't added a drop-down menu feature because I'm unsure how it will work with the default and mobile themes, as well as other themes.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• [Split]

@Shadowdare said:
    It uses the dragging script used for categories, but with hierarchical sorting disabled.

How did you do that?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @Shadowdare you can change a sortable so it it only drags in one axis.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    you can change a sortable so it it only drags in one axis.

I did that, but I forgot to check the dragging axis with the script version included in 2.0.18.8. There might be different behavior with 2.0.18.8 and 2.1+ because the scripts are different versions, so I'll take another look soon.

• Dragging should be less confusing with the recently released Basic Pages 1.8.1 when using Vanilla 2.0.18.8.