Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[ProxyConnect] Reply and edit broken in default theme

abshkdabshkd New
edited October 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,
I am having this funny issue. After submitting reply no new reply is saved instead I get a new Reply box duplicated each time I click reply. Same for edit. This happens in Chrome. In Firefox i can post reply but during edit, same problem. I have reinstalled the default theme. I am using nginx but this seems like a UI issue. The default mobile theme works fine as well for replies, I haven't tried edit.

any recommendations on how to fix it?

thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What version of Vanilla are you running?

What plugins do you have enabled?

Any errors in the web console?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hi, sorry for not adding that info earlier.
    Version 2.0.18.8
    Only two plugins are enabled.
    1. Statistics
    2. proxyconnect

I am not sure what you meant by Web Console?
    I have checked the developer JS console on Chrome and Firebug , there is no script errors to be seen. I suppose this is what you were asking?

This sounds like a case of JS not loading properly or getting mangled via plugins. Disable both plugins and see if this corrects the issue.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/188810/#Comment_188810

what editor are you using? is forum embedded?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I am using default editor and the forum is NOT embedded. I will try disabling the plugin.

• problem seems to be with proxyconnect. Without it I cannot use vanilla as I already have a members site. Any suggestions on why this is happening with proxy connect? Headers?

Do you have a link to your site?

I know proxy connect is deprecated in favor of jsConnect. Not sure why proxy connect would suddenly stop working. What software are you connecting to Vanilla?

Search first