HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Please Fix the Tutorials Category - so it is viewable by guests.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited October 2013 in Feedback

hi @adrian - i see you are capable of fixing things on the forum.

Please Fix the Tutorials Category - so it is viewable by guests.

or perhaps a reason why it shouldn't be viewable by guests if the leadership thinks it shouldn't be. Just hope it is an oversight rather than a mission statement!

e.g. this link does not work click me when you are not logged in

thank you in advance for your response and attention

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

should be good now. thanks for pointing it out.

• thx. @Adrian.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I can confirm that the permissions are ostensibly fixed for guest users.

Thanks @Adrian!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

I can confirm that the permissions are ostensibly fixed for guest users.

thx for that. i too can confirm.

FWIW, I refactored my browser by viewing as a guest and I can confirm the viewing of Tutorials Category works when not logged in, in an empirical test. :)

@adrian - you are my new go to man - when the forum needs some fixin'

I am also now re-evaluating my thoughts about marketing guys. :) for the better.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@peregrine said:
    I refactored my browser by viewing as a guest

I use privacy/incognito mode (Ctrl + Shift + P in Firefox) as a quick way to test sites from a guest perspective.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Well... A perfect reason why NOT to allow guests to see it: Obviously, cause of business. This forum wants to attract users. If you limit tutorials to only registered users, well, that would force whoever wants to see the Tutorials category to register for vanillaforums.org and we'll have more users! YAY! ;)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

• @peregrine What do you mean?

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@peregrine, I don't have as much power as you think, but I am not your average marketing guy :p

Glad I could help

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited October 2013

@Adrian

It is not how much power you have that is important, it is how you use whatever power you have that is. :)