HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I have received Spam on my private email from someone on here, How?

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Banter

Has anyone else received similar?

From this address>> forum+m21427@vanillaforums.org Name: glory

I did reply to the Vanilla email address to see what happened here it is >

Sorry! You don't have permission to post discussions/questions through email.

--
http://vanillaforums.org/

You wrote:

Hi
Nice to hear from you, you don't say where your from.

>

Denis

>

Note: The email was trying to reply to an invalid Message (21427).

Tagged:

Comments

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
    edited October 2013

I got one too! Exact same message.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This was sent by a spam account. It was quickly caught, banned, and all of its content removed. You can't reply to an invalid message, hence the error email.

You can remove the notification setting that sent you an email on a new message by visiting http://vanillaforums.org/profile/preferences/ and unchecking the email box next to 'Notify me of private messages.' Be sure to click 'Save Preferences' on the bottom to save your changes.

The feature to respond to messages by email is a feature of the hosted version. It is not available in the open source version.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• The index notification count is off even if the messages were deleted.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

@Shadowdare said:
    The index notification count is off even if the messages were deleted.

?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said
    ?

Perhaps, the red number indicating notifications and inbox may have not been reset.

minor issue if it occurs. just clicking on notifications and inbox should reset them.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013

@hgtonight said:
    ?

Had to type the message from the phone quickly.

Clicking on my notifications and inbox icons don't reset the count. It still shows a count of three, which is how many spam messages I've received earlier.

@Shadowdare said:
    Clicking on my notifications and inbox icons don't reset the count. It still shows a count of three, which is how many spam messages I've received earlier.

I also received three notifications, but mine have cleared out.

Are you referring to the fact that the notification number wasn't cleared out automatically?

Search first

• @hgtonight said:
    Are you referring to the fact that the notification number wasn't cleared out automatically?

Yes, because all of my messages have been read.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@DenisS said:Love From Me. Glory

Lol , you should have invited her to Thailand !! Maybe she is already there lmao..

@Shadowdare said:
    Yes, because all of my messages have been read.

Has it since been updated?

Search first

edited October 2013

@hgtonight said:
    Has it since been updated?

It still shows the red bubble indicating that I have three unread messages. It also says three unread messages next to the inbox link on the profile page. Is there anything I could do to fix it, or would it require someone with access to the database to manually reset the count?

Search first

edited October 2013

@hgtonight, I have visited those pages and refreshed them a few times earlier and they didn't clear out the notification count, but I just opened some old messages that were already read and it fixed it.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

ok Thanks everyone, I thought i was the only one, and just wondered how. I was surprised it came throught here.