Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Nothing Changed

It's not working for me. By which I mean to say nothing changed, users can still register in the same way as before using usernames that are definitely not valid minecraft usernames.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited October 2013

Can you provide some details?

a) What version number of Vanilla are you running?

b) Do you have JavaScript disabled?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    edited October 2013

@hgtonight said:

a) What version number of Vanilla are you running?

I have version 2.0.18.8

I would imagine javascript is enabled as everything else seems to work... where would I check to see if it is?

• Options

@hgtonight said:

I have
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Basic';
    maybe that's causing problems?

• Options

Does it work for you but you are having bots register?

Did you add the Registration Validation event to the entry controller?

Do you have a site link I could look at?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Does it work for you but you are having bots register?

Did you add the Registration Validation event to the entry controller?

Do you have a site link I could look at?

So I figured it out, it was because I had
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Basic';
    I changed it to
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Capatcha';
    and it worked fine.

The site is mc.gl/forums if you're interested. Also it would be nice if the plugin checked for proper capitalization too, and maybe required you to sign into your minecraft amount... Idk though. Thanks for the great plugin!

• Options
    edited October 2013

@TheNetTweets said:
    ...it would be nice if the plugin checked for proper capitalization too, and maybe required you to sign into your minecraft amount...

Mojang/Minecraft don't have a secure authentication API. I dug up this page: http://wiki.vg/Authentication so it might be possible. The biggest issue I have is the user has to trust you (and the site) to not store the account information. I wouldn't add it unless there is (paid) demand for it.

Glad you liked the plugin!

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Glad you liked the plugin!

What about proper capitalization?

• Options

@TheNetTweets said:
    What about proper capitalization?

The service used to verify the account (http://minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp) is case insensitive, so it is impossible to detect incorrect capitalization.

Search first