HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Pockets compatibility, bugs, and suggestions

NemiariNemiari New
edited August 2012 in Feedback

I'd like to use this with the Pockets plugin so I can add a countdown in the panel section. Are you planning to expand functionality?

Also, here are a couple bugs I found:

• Couldn't change the tag from default. Every tag I tried wouldn't get picked up in the thread
  • After editing a post with the timer tag in it, after saving the edit, the timer doesn't display.

and some suggestions:

• Support creation of multiple countdowns with separate tags
  • Time Zone selection isn't very easy, needs a more common drop down

Thanks for making this

Comments

• That would be great

• mattmatt ✭✭

Hi, thanks for the bug report. The tag issue is that I mistakenly convert to uppercase. So tags with anything other than uppercase letters will not currently work. I'll fix this.

I'll add a drop down for timezone selection.

I've not done any pockets integration before but I'll look into it. Same goes for multiple countdowns.

Ps: the source is on GitHub: https://github.com/gingerbeardman/Countdown

• mattmatt ✭✭
    edited August 2012

@Nemiari @steve23 I've fixed the tag bug, and added a dropdown for the timezones.

I'm looking into Pockets compatibility.

I will look into multiple countdowns when I get a chance.

• Hi.

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'ALL' in /home1/mellunac/public_html/ksk-diplom.ru/forum/plugins/Countdown/class.countdown.plugin.php on line 24

I am try to push Setup button on plugin list

• JakobbaJakobba New
    edited September 2012

Anybody has a answer to vbf question? Thanks...

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'ALL' in /home/xxx/forum/plugins/Countdown/class.countdown.plugin.php on line 24

• No se si abran corregido esto, pero yo lo corregi reemplanzado la linea 24 por esto:
    $tzlist[] = DateTimeZone::listIdentifiers();

Y consegui:

• YAcosta even I don't speak your language you solve my proplem... thank you so much for your immediate help.

Regards from Switzerland

Jakob

• This is really cool, thanks for making it! The ability to make multiple countdowns would be awesome.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

if this is the fix what does it mean, i put into translator but still don't understand, is there an English version of this > No se si abran corregido esto, pero yo lo corregi reemplanzado la linea 24 por esto: $tzlist[] = DateTimeZone::listIdentifiers();

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

yes that is the fix, he said to replace line 24 of forum/plugins/Countdown/class.countdown.plugin.php

with :

$tzlist[] = DateTimeZone::listIdentifiers();

• mattmatt ✭✭

I've rolled this fix into the latest version, thanks to @YAcosta and @vrijvlinder!

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

i second the "multiple countdowns" suggestion of DirtyDog... ;)

Would be crazy, if something like

[Countdown 00:00:00 28.11.2013]

in each discussion would be possible... ;)

We have a Event driven Forum... so Countdowns in every Event discussion would be great... ;)

ThX for this plugin

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited December 2014

[Countdown 00:00:00 28.11.2013]

That format doesn't work. How do you use this plugin? All when I use [countdown] is an image with zero days hours minutes and seconds.

• @Anonymoose said:
    That format doesn't work. How do you use this plugin? All when I use [countdown] is an image with zero days hours minutes and seconds.

anonymouse here is a pro tip for mooses.

Pro Tip:

standard use of plugin. go to settings page. read instructions.

go to the settings page - see the instructions.

change as you wish.

I changed it to [mytimer]

I used a time setting that is offered in

http://php.net/manual/en/function.strtotime.php

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @Anonymoose said:

similarly you could put this in the settings page

03:05:15 11/12/15

for a countdown starting at 3:05:15 on November 12 2015

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• or
    similarly you could put this in the settings page

Now + 1 day

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited December 2014

So it appears you more clever than Moose. And from your explaination I now see that the Time field changes all the [counter]s in the whole forum. However, I don't want to accept this countdown as being the countdown to change all countdowns.

It would be nice to see [Countdown 00:00:00 31.12.2020] implemented, which was the behavior I expected.

Meanwhile, thank you for your explaination. Over the top of the antlers as usual.

• @Anonymoose said:
    So it appears you more clever than Moose. And from your explaination I now see that the Time field changes all the [counter]s in the whole forum. However, I don't want to accept this countdown as being the countdown to change all countdowns.

It would be nice to see [Countdown 00:00:00 31.12.2020] implemented, which was the behavior I expected.

Meanwhile, thank you for your explaination. Over the top of the antlers as usual.

you can certainly offer to sponsor a developer to do it. several of you want it. A developer may take you up on it.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

This plugin has to make any angry moose, a happy moose even a roasted moose is a happy moose!