HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Tutorial] How to Change the Input Format

ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
edited October 2013 in Tutorials

In Vanilla, you can change the input format of posts from HTML to BBCode, Markdown, or plain text.

You can change the input format in all Vanilla versions starting from 2.0+.

Step One

Open the /conf/config.php file and find a line that starts with this:

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter']

If the line doesn't exist, then add a new line of the setting from step two.

Step Two

You can set the input format to Html, BBCode, Markdown, or Text.

For example:

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Markdown';

This is all you have to do to change the input format of posts in Vanilla.

Any new posts, such as discussions, comments, activity posts, and conversation messages will have the format applied. Previous posts will not be affected and have their format type stored in a column called Format in their tables in the database.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Comments

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

Im using Wysihtml5 editor.
    Just asking is this only for default editor?can i switch input format for buttonbar from markdown to BBCode?

• @jeongwee said:
    Im using Wysihtml5 editor.
    Just asking is this only for default editor?can i switch input format for buttonbar from markdown to BBCode?

did you try it?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited October 2013

i like buttonbar,but its not* working on my site ,i have to upgrade to 2.1b2 first to make it working.just asking.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

i have to upgrade to 2.1b2 first to make it working

Im using Wysihtml5 editor. Just asking is this only for default editor?can i switch input format for buttonbar from markdown to BBCode?

let us know. when you test it in 2.1b2. Does Wysihtml5 editor with inputformat codes changed work in the version of vanilla you are using? And which version of vanilla are you using.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited October 2013

its good,i tested at local site 2.1b2 , works on button bar also.
    its not working with Wysihtml5 on both 2.1b1 and 2.1b2.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

5 less comments make that 6 comments necessary for a few minutes of testing by questioner :)
    something to keep in mind. :)

thx for feedback.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013

@jeongwee, Wysihtml5 only works with HTML.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Using BBCode, the

tag from button. Just starting ready to start digging deeper.

[code]Using BBCode, the

tag from button. Just starting ready to start digging deeper.

[/code]

• rahul8040rahul8040 New
    edited July 2015

Can you Please Tell me from where can i get the Editor that supports Markdown as i do have Bootstrap markdown but its not working!