Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

are you satisfied with your forum's Seo performance ?

and second question; do you use Tag system in your forum, since google's last statements, i think lots of webmaster gave up Taging in their sites

Comments

• Options

Tagging is not just for seo.

The worst SEO aimlessly pleases search engines at the expense of humans.

Search engines aren't into that, they are working hard to get rid of all these tricks and make it all about content, and modelling human relevance.

If tags fix you situation, and makes your site more navigable, then all the better.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

We don't use tags.

Mostly because my user's can't be arsed to add them themselves.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:

can't be arsed

That is a British phrase with a British spelling. I don't believe they use the equivalent in the US, but some in NZ use "can't be assed", which is weird.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

@hgtonight said:
    We don't use tags.

Mostly because my user's can't be arsed to add them themselves.

Most of my users are arses and so the tags on my site are worthless. Not enough time in the day to clean it up and make it useful.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited November 2013

SEO-wise i always had the feeling my forums perform pretty good. but it is already a forum with high traffic (2.500 visitors a day). invest in design and discussion culture to make users stay longer this will pay off.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Can't say I worry about SEO at all, but I don't run any commercial sites with forums.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

We link to our forums on our site and server and get 20k views a day.

Stats

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

@Tama said:
    We link to our forums on our site and server and get 20k views a day.

Stats

what is the topic of your forum?

I wish i could get even close to that number