Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Remove tags in side bar

timotidestimotides New
edited November 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Running the default theme in Vanilla 2.0.18.8. Looked into the default theme folder but there is no custom.css file. There is the custom.css file in the other theme folders so I'm not sure what's going on?!

I was going to simply edit the code in the custom.css file as highlighted in this thread below, but cannot without the custom.css file I assume?

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20839/don-t-wanna-show-tags-in-sidebar

Any ideas, please let me know - thanks so much!

Comments

• Options

I should also say that in the 'design' folder where it would normally be located, there is only the favicon.png file.

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited November 2013

You must create the design folder and custom.css file and it will be detected by Vanilla.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

Ok but I was under the impression there was a pre-determined css file for the vanilla 'default' theme already existing in the design folder ?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The default theme doesn't have a custom style sheet because it is default. It doesn't override the default styles included with the vanilla application. The folder is in the themes folder so it is shown as an option it the theme dashboard.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I see thanks very much for your explanation hgtonight. :)

Okay I've sorted this now with the help of the thread I mentioned in the OP and you guys thanks!

I created a CSS file, called it "custom", added the 3 lines of code peregrine mentioned in the previous thread and dropped it in the themes/default/design folder and now the tags have gone from the sidebar but still present in 'new discussion' post.

I just tried attaching the file for anyone in the same position, but apparently that file type isn't allowed or maybe it's just my newb permissions.

Just go to this thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20839/don-t-wanna-show-tags-in-sidebar
    Find peregrines line of code and create a blank CSS file with that exact code at the top and upload to the folder I mentioned. ;)

Thanks again to everyone who helped - great community! :)