Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Noob Update Problem from 2.0.17.10-3 to 2.0.18.8

Hello, so i've read a few other posts on here about updating my forum to the most recent version. I've been having trouble with my FTP client. I don't have anything that I'm worried about losing on my forum because it's brand new. I'm hosting through hostmysite.com and they had an automatic install available through their host portal. I went ahead and installed Vanilla forums 2.0.17.10-3, but can't install a whole plethora of plugins that I want, due to the old version.

I changed the name of my Vanilla folder to match the one on my desktop, and preceded to upload the files to overwrite the existing ones. I keep getting errors in Cyberduck:

Upload failed (/webspace/siteapps/VanillaForums-17071/library/vendors/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php). Broken Pipe

I keep getting other errors with different files that are similar. Any advice?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

If it is a new forum, wipe the install and upload a fresh copy.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hello, I tried doing that but i'm still getting broken pipe errors with certain files. I wiped my old version of vanilla off my site, but I had to go through the hosting provider's forum (since I obtained my old version from them). I can't even seem to upload the entire new version of Vanilla.

• Cyberduck must be an FTP program, right? Try another FTP program

One of the files of Vanilla is not uploaded correctly, so it will not work until all the files are there. Preferably of 2.0.18.8

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@Underdog Its a mac user FTP program. Why Don't you manually install it? Drag files into root or what ever, ww.yourdoomain.com/install and install?

• Hey all, sorry to bring this thread up again. I've still been having problems with installing the new version and/or updating the old version. Here's my set up.

Hosting with: "Host My Site"

Concrete 5 site installed through their applications modules

Vanilla 2.0.17.10 installed through their applications modules

this is the URL on my server:
    /webspace/siteapps/VanillaForums-22122

I tried uploading the files with FileZilla, and i've been denied permission to this sub-folder "siteapps" by host my site i'm guessing???

I was successfully able to FTP the new vanilla seperately in:
    /webspace/httpdocs/absolutecoaster.com

I was unable to install Vanilla and got this error: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

It also seems I cannot move the folders for Concrete 5 or Vanilla out of the "siteapps" folder.

My ultimate goal is to link my concrete 5 site with proxy connect, and the new vanilla forums concrete 5 add on, to enable single sign on for my site and vanilla. Any help would be much appreciated.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I would file a ticket with your host.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hello,

Just reporting that I have successfully installed Vanilla Forums! I didn't realize that on a shared server, we didn't have permissions to go into the My PHP admin and add a database that way. Once I realized that there was another way, we went and added the database, and plugged all the correct values in. It took me a couple of installs to get vanilla working, but it seems to be working now. I'm actually starting another thread with some new problems I've encountered.

• Great that it works, can you make an article on how you connected Vanilla with Concrete5?

There was an error rendering this rich post.