Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fixing errors associated with cpanel username

Hello,

We have been using Vanilla for more than a year now. We recently changed our host and from then it is not working.

We maintained a specific cpanel username in our last hosts, however our new host (Bluehost) gave a user generated username, which can't be changed (changing causes no. off errors). Now after restoring the full website (with our cpmove file), the forum is not functional.

I believe there might have been pathbreaks in the files depending on the old user name. The error is - Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found in /home/*****/public_html/forum/bootstrap.php on line 47
**** is the new id given by our host.

How can I solve this?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

vanilla version?

download the core files again and put the source in the correct folders

and verify it is where you think it is.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

That error is usually due to an outdated autoloader cache. Empty the /cache folder of all files. Leave the folders.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

yep.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• thanks, is it possible i might lose data while doing that? It contains forum material for past 3 years

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

obviously you should always make backups.

but deleting .ini files in cache, just clears the cached items. no impact on the database.

if you copy core source files - it does not impact database either.
    the only time you impact database is if you would install vanilla via the dashboard.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/188810/#Comment_188810

• well...clearing cache brings a new error

Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/*****/public_html/forum/library/database/class.database.php on line 54

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/188810/#Comment_188810

1) what vanilla version?
    2) what version php?
    3) Is PDO enabled.

check all your folder permissions as well. You really do need to see if the source files are all properly moved over.

are all files installed in proper places?

You may need to answer these questions, otherwise we may be circling around for quite a while.

also try /utility/update - but that probably wil fail as well based on your error
    also try /utility/structure - but that probably wil fail as well based on your error.

• 1) vanilla - 2.1b1 2) php - 5.3.26 3) enabling PDO currently

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

If you cleaned out the cache and are still getting class not found errors, you need to upload a fresh copy of vanilla to your site.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

@rudra said:
    1) vanilla - 2.1b1 2) php - 5.3.26 3) enabling PDO currently

If enabling PDO doesn't solve it....

we will take a circle back up to my first comment to you at the top of the thread :):):)

if you ever post a new discussion read these tips it will help you also.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23130/forum-post-ettikett-etiquette

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17954/food-for-thought-forum-etiquette

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25115/how-to-how-can-a-new-user-better-help-the-community-when-asking-a-question

so in case you don't read the message with the pinkish background that say....

When posting a question on the forum, please include the version number of Vanilla you are using.

• Hi, Thanks for the quick response(s).
    Due to the name change (ref. first post), a lot of file paths seem to have old user name, and I have changed them. I checked the core files too.

Finally I am stuck with
    "Exception thrown within the exception handler.
    Message: Class Gdn_Database not found while trying to get an object for Database. Check the path . in /home/****/public_html/forum/library/core/class.factory.php on line 64"

Is there no other way other than reinstalling the forum?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

reread the comments in the thread and the associated links 3 to 4 times. they are not going to change, no matter how much you want them to. and then come back, after you have followed suggestions.

and search for bluehost on this forum

people have reported certain issues with bluehost. that you may be experiencing.

• And I am going to close the thread until then ... As soon as you have followed the tips from last 2 or 3 comments, try to solve your problem ... when creating new topic, please follow the forum etiquette.

Don't forget to post your Vanilla version please (in your first post) and move from host x to bluehost

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.