Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Frequently getting signed out

Hello all,
i am using vanilla 2.0.18.8, and vanillabootstrap 1.1b-2.0. i am using allot of plugins, but the major problems i am facing are with signature 1.1.5 plugin and vanillicon 1.0.1, i get logged out when i try to add signatures or modify em, vanillicon plugin disables it self, dont now y...

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Sessions are stored in Vanilla via a cookie. Many things can delete this cookie.

Best bet is to start debugging. Disable all addons and enable them one by one until you figure out what is causing it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I already done that, and found that when i try to add signature for myself or any other person does that, it signs out the user very moment. Is this anyway related to modification of cookie salt?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

If you think it might be related to cookies, clear out your browsers cookies.

Test some more :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• it might be related to the cookie domain. Is it broad or specific?

if you have a cookie for www. and a cookie for domain without catch all sub domains, becuase this has the same salt it would invalidate the session (similar if you were running copies with the same salt).

You want to 301 redirect www. to just domain or vice versa, whichever you use the most.

grep is your friend.