Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problem with Wordpress 3 Proxyconnect

With this plugin (v1.2.1) activated, I am no longer able to log in through the mysite.com/wp-login page... The login simply reloads the same page, as if nothing has happend, no error or anything. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Comments

• Uh oh, nobody has a clue here?

• Ahhh well, tried it on a different install on a different dev machine and the problem disappeared, so never mind for now.

• Nope false false alarm. Getting this error:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: VanillaChallengeKey in /home/ethan/Sites/okgo/wp-content/plugins/wordpress3-proxyconnect/wordpress3-proxyconnect.php on line 98

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Note that you should wait at least 24 hours for a reply to your original post before politely bumping.

I would start debugging in the file at the specified line. Since proxy connect is deprecated, I feel you won't get much help. Not because I don't want to help you. I am not familiar with the WordPress ProxyConnect plugin.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• It's a notice and not an error

Copy / paste 5 lines above and under line 98 of that file.

If that key comes fro MySQL you need to prepare to add that key in the table

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @hgtonight, duly noted. I apologize for my hastiness.

Why has the proxy connect been deprecated. Does this represent a philosophical shift that I should consider?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Proxy connect has been deprecated because it is no longer supported by the devs [1].

It has a few limitations that jsConnect overcomes. Make up your own mind, but know that this community uses jsConnect more often since it is officially supported.

Here is the official documentation on Single Sign On: http://vanillaforums.org/docs/singlesignon

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.