Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Best theme I've seen - ¿how secure is Vanilla 2.1a?

I would like to use these awesome theme, but I see that the last Vanilla official version is 2.1 b2

1. How secure is using Vanilla 2.1a today?

2. Wen it will be an officional launch of Vanilla 2.1?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Don't use alpha versions of software unless you are developing. Do not use beta versions of software unless you are testing.

Open up the theme's about.php file and change the line about required applications to 'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.1b2'), and start testing.

In answer to your other questions:

1. See first paragraph
    2. Once all the open issues have been fixed and all the bugs have been found out and patched. (read it will be launched when it is ready).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Wen it will be an officional launch of Vanilla 2.1?

officionally , the date was set to be the birth of jesus, but because of religio-historical inconsistencies, that date is still in question.....

How secure is using Vanilla 2.1a today?

How secure is using Facebook ? or Chase bank for that matter ?

Nothing in the news about Vanilla servers being hacked along with the other millions... it must be safe..er