Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can't disable Clicky

Comments

• Options

Not sure what that means :-) I do try to keep up.

• Options

Ok I've received the backup, I don't want to get shouted at for having fat fingers or something so I'm on the starting blocks waiting for the ok :-)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

I'm not shouting or accusing. mike. everyone can make a mistake, and maybe you didn't but the question is "Did you click the "remove" button in the dashboard.

and is your plugins folder really removed when you look at the file structure, or did you inadvertently rename "plugin" folder to Clicky?

never mind- I just saw a post you posted above and you clicked "remove".

as vrijvlinder said in the future - never use "remove" button in dashboard.

Yes, you can restore the plugin folder from the backup.

I wasn't aware that you didn't know about the "remove" issue via dashboard.

hope you get it solved quickly.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2013

He did read it p, and answered he did click the blasted button lmao !!

peregrine It's as vrijvlinder said I edited the config.php as you said which allowed me to disable in dashboard but when I clicked on remove nothing appeared to happen

Yes it makes total sense, get the right folder for goodness sakes !!

$RealRoot = GetValue('RealRoot', $Plugin);
       $PluginName = preg_replace('/.*plugins\//', '', $RealRoot); 

• Options

@avantime4mike said:
    peregrine It's as vrijvlinder said I edited the config.php as you said which allowed me to disable in dashboard but when I clicked on remove nothing appeared to happen until I went to my site and noticed all plugins were disabled. connected by FTP to investigate and that's when I noticed the complete plugins folder had gone.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

crossposting...

I understand what you did, and your best course of action is to "never use remove from dashboard" it has a bug.

it was not your fault and you didn't fat-finger anything.

and the problem that occurred was due to two bugs in vanilla and a mistake by the plugin developer. So several faults - none of which was your own.

see

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/198169/#Comment_198169

yes restore your plugins from backup

hope it works out for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

OK I've restored the backup and have full functionality again but of course "Clicky" is still in dashboard but showing as disabled. What's the best way to remove it now?

• Options

I had to pay like 90 bucks to get my plugins back....expensive lesson to learn. I made a second plugins folder called old.plugins and that is where I keep my backups in case this happens again. I tested removing with the button again and everything worked .

It may be associated to rogue plugins. The kind that won't disable. So the rule is if it won't disable from the dashboard, disable from config.php then delete the folder from the file manager not the dashboard.

• Options

@avantime4mike said:
    OK I've restored the backup and have full functionality again but of course "Clicky" is still in dashboard but showing as disabled. What's the best way to remove it now?

Delete it from the file manager , either using filezilla, or directly .

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

@avantime4mike said:

ok the dashboard shows it is disabled - perfect. now

use filezilla or whatever method you access your folders with - and delete the folder called "clicky" and you should be fine.

• Options

I feel like a high five is in order

• Options

@vrijvlinder @peregrine Thank you both for your help.........Yet again. :-)

• Options

We make a great team don't you think ? :p

• Options

We make a great team don't you think ?

yes and no, we both post quickly, and you can go in one direction and me in another. which confuses the op. We both need to learn to step away in a problem and let one person handle it, unless they are providing red herrings, and we are guilty in both regards.

• Options

Instruction in stereo :-)

• Options

Yes we drill the information into your brain and you never forget it.

Stereo is weak, I think it is more like surround sound !!

• Options

@avantime4mike said:
    Instruction in stereo :-)

as long as your receiver works well in stereo.

I will be presenting my paper and thesis and the next Vanilla Forums scientific Symposium

titled.

Duetting and Antiphonal Posting and Song in Volunteer Posters: Its Extent and Significance

it must be that vrijvlinder and me (or is that I) have evolved visual posting cues as to when to chorus in or when just use antiphony. I think sometimes we need practice on the antiphony though.

• Options

I think I've got more chance of understanding php than that last post :-)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

@avantime4mike

here is an article for you (esoterica as it might be). analogous to the antiphonal posting that v and I have developed.

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/4533301?uid=3739856&uid=2129&uid=2134&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21103185464123

• Options
    avantime4mikeavantime4mike ✭✭
    edited December 2013

As we say in the North of England "yer off yer rocker"