HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Nominations for Best Plugin created this year!

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited December 2013 in Feedback

My vote: shwaipbot - http://vanillaforums.org/addon/shwaipbot-plugin

for the amazing versatility and useful things you could do with this plugin.

the last attempt at this resulted very few poster responding. Maybe this time their will be more participants.
http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21960/best-plugin-favorite-theme-what-s-yours

it might be fun if there is a lot of participation... you might enjoy posting your choices..

• Perhaps a badge could be awarded it this discussion gets alot of support
  • and it might inspire would-be developers to get the "Best Plugin created this year in 2014" as well.
  • and its not too late to post your new plugin to the add-ons section of the forum
  • so if you don't participate in the nominations .....

no excuse for not posting if you are a newbie - you can still have an opinion.

I'd even tally the votes at the end of the year - if we get 100 participants.
there are lots of great plugins, so it may be difficult to choose one. so choose 3.
if you keep your votes to 3 or less plugins, that would be great. I'll tally the first 3 mentioned in each comment.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Wow, hmm it is a tuff one coz I like many plugins, but I will second the vote for schawaipbot ! Best in Class :)

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

I will include this post on the next newsletter ;)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

too bad the usual people who comment are the only one's commenting. funny I try to answer other people's posts, reciprocation would be answering my post by all the newbies who received some sort of help reading the forum. It's not a requirement. just a gesture on your part to take part in some community info. Yes there are millions of great plugins (and you may not know which was created this year - take a guess - no harm , no foul).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited December 2013

@peregrine it's the nature for some to only pop in when they need help -- but I do see this changing. Our newsletter should help get some interaction too. :# (fingers crossed).

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Bah!

Give me a week! ;)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited December 2013

Does this include applications?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I nominate

I wasn't here last year, but if I were I would have nominated everything that has to do with Karma...

• @Shadowdare said:
    Does this include applications?

Yes. both applications and plugins.

My intent although not explicit. Was this:

Nominations for Best Plugin created this year! (any add-on that is NOT a theme or core)

which would mean plugins and applications.

I think themes deserve their own Nominations in a different discussion.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

In that case, I nominate Basic Pages.

It brings a level of ease that many people using the OS version want.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

@hgtonight said:
    Bah!

Give me a week! ;)

ok, Since your "new" plugin and/or app will be around the 18th. I'll keep voting open until January 15th for any plugins created to December 31, 2013.

Meanwhile, I'll probably take a break from providing any support for a while until there are more participants in this discussion (tit-for-tats, herding cats, both have their downsides). >:)

I was kindo of hoping this would go viral :)

(on an informal side note - the recent plugins/apps that seem to be moving really fast in terms of downloads imageupload , discussion polls, and basic pages . If I didn't vote already, i would have considered voting for these.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited December 2013

I nominate

Special loveYourAdmin nomination category: BulkEdit ("move this to the core")

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
    edited December 2013

Is Peregrine's Badges from this year? If so, I nominate that.

EDIT: Beaten like a dead horse!

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Another favorite:
    My Attachments from peregrine
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/1183/my-attachments

• @R_J said:
    My Attachments from peregrine

Indeed, it looks like a very useful plugin.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited January 2014

I nominate Yet Another Gamification Application (Yaga).

It brings forth a whole new way to engage users and promote good content.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• This is a toughie.. My site isn't live yet, but I really like YAGA. It is a great start to something that I hope will bring 'stickiness' to the community as well a bit of crowd-sourced moderation. It seems pretty simple to use, too.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I nominate VBookmarks as the most useful and innovative addon yet.... :p