Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Different Page Title from menu entry?

erajaderajad New
edited January 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi - great plugin, as I try to set up a forum as a newcomer to Vanilla!

Basically I'm after an "About" page - but if I put "About This Vanilla Site" (well, my site's title, actually), it gets very long for the banner menu listing. (I'm using the default theme). If I shorten that to "About", it's perfect for the banner menu, but it makes for an overly terse title on the page itself.

Is there any way have a short menu entry, but a longer title for the page itself? I'm using Vanilla Version 2.0.18.10, and Basic Pages 1.9.1.

Many thanks!

David.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Seems like a good feature to include in the application.

You can of course add the link in manually, but @shadowdare prolly knows best.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited January 2014

Welcome to the community. The application currently doesn't have a way to have the menu link text be different from the page title. Since this isn't a highly requested feature, please make a donation in return for the time and work needed to add the feature if you would like the feature to be added to the application.

Similarly, if you would like to see a very flexible and slick way to add menu links in Vanilla, I may look into making a plugin unlike the other custom menu plugins currently available that will handle custom menu links for you if you would like a general way of adding links to the menu instead of just links for Basic Pages.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app