Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where are the HTML snippets stored in Pockets

Apparently, I made a mistake in pasting an HTML snipped in the Plugin. Note sure if I missed either "<" or ">" in the code, but now, I cannot see the settings in my dashboard and vanilla itself is pretty messed up too.

Since I cannot see anything in the dashboard, I cannot disable it. The only way to fix this is to delete the Pockets folder under Plugins. When I re-add pockets to the plugins folder the issue still exists.

I am trying to delete the HTML code somewhere in the vanilla files but I do not know where to find it?

Tagged:

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

The HTML is stored in your database so you'll need to use a tool like Sequel Pro or PhpMyAdmin to remove the entries directly in the DB.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Whoah. I never thought about that. Thanks Kasper :D

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Plugins are determined to be enabled/disabled based on the /conf/config.php file. Look for the configuration line $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['PluginNameHere'] = TRUE; and either remove it or change TRUE to FALSE to manually disable the plugin.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

Plugins are determined to be enabled/disabled based on the /conf/config.php file. Look for the configuration line $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['PluginNameHere'] = TRUE; and either remove it or change TRUE to FALSE to manually disable the plugin.

Thanks, doing it now... What is the right action when speaking about HTML in phpMyAdmin? do I just delete the database entry?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Disabling plugins manually will not execute any cleanup code the plugin may have.

I think it is safe to remove the offending rows in the pocket table from the db.

If you don't mind sharing, I would like to see a dump of the row that is causing the error.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Here.
    Apparently, I forgot to add the closing ">" in the img tag. Maybe adding it directly in phpmyadmin will fix the issue?

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
    -- version 3.5.2.2

-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net

-- Host: localhost
    -- Generation Time: Jan 06, 2014 at 09:19 PM
    -- Server version: 5.1.69
    -- PHP Version: 5.2.17

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";
    SET time_zone = "+00:00";

/!40101 SET @CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
    /
    !40101 SET @CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS /;
    /
    !40101 SET @COLLATION_CONNECTION /;
    /
    !40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;

--

-- Database: u615138275090688ga_t81032948ga

--

-- Table structure for table GDN_Pocket

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS GDN_Pocket (
    PocketID int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    Name varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
    Page varchar(50) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
    Location varchar(50) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
    Sort smallint(6) NOT NULL,
    Repeat varchar(25) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
    Body text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
    Format varchar(20) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
    Condition varchar(500) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
    Disabled smallint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    Attributes text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
    PRIMARY KEY (PocketID)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=5 ;

--

-- Dumping data for table GDN_Pocket

INSERT INTO GDN_Pocket (PocketID, Name, Page, Location, Sort, Repeat, Body, Format, Condition, Disabled, Attributes) VALUES
    (4, 'http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/apparel/arconomi.html', '', 'Panel', 0, 'after', '

', 'Raw', '', 2, NULL);

/!40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
    /
    !40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS /;
    /
    !40101 SET COLLATION_CONNECTION=@OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION */;

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2014

You can disable the plugin from the config.php by adding

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Pockets'] = FALSE;

After disabling, delete the folder of the plugin and reinstall. But do not delete from the dashboard. Then drop the table for pocket from DB

• ok.. doing right now... I'll post later :D thanks guys.

• uwa... done done :D thanks to all :D cheers... I'm getting used to it now.