HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

port other than 25

SMTP port is hard coded to 25. Really should grab it from the config file instead. My provider is using ssl on port 465.
26. I hard coded it, and it still didnt work.

Also doesnt work well with themes that have custom footers. I use the press theme but Contact form shows a messed up old footer instead.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

It actually does use the config file. It will use the port specified as $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPort'] in your /conf/config.php file. If it doesn't find this configuration, this plugin will use 25.

This is what I gleaned from reading the source of Contact 1.2 anyway.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes that is correct. The plugin will work with any settings for the mail that you set up in the config.

@jackjitsu

About the style issues, That will happen because the plugins for some odd reason also pick up the dashboard style and you will need to override those rules.

For example :

body.Dashboard.Plugin #Foot{
    background:none transparent!important;
    border:none!important;
    }

Whatever rules that your theme does not have will call the rules for the dashboard style. So you need to edit the custom.css of your theme to counteract the dashboard style.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited January 2014

@vrijvlinder just some info for you (since you like to make plugins :). The reason it inherits the dashboard styling is because you are extending the PluginController which in turn extends DashboardController. The dashboard controller adds the admin.css file to all all pages not on the profile or activity controller.

You can solve this one of two ways:

1. Extend a frontend controller
    2. Remove the admin.css and add the style.css in your extension method

Explanations

1. Pick any controller that is frontend, like the PostController, and use that in your plugin instead of PluginController_Contact_Create.
    2. Add the lines $Sender->RemoveCssFile('admin.css'); $Sender->AddCssFile('style.css'); to your contact method

I personally prefer the second solution, since you get to keep your method 'properly' namespaced.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2014

Thanks hg !! I will implement the removal of the admin.css, something I actually contemplated as a solution. I actually thought this issue only affected me and those who use the admintheme switcher plugin. But it happens with others too.

:)

• I personally prefer the second solution, since you get to keep your method 'properly' namespaced.

meh, plugins are lateral/ anyway the PluginController is just a stub. I don't think there is much public advantage in knowing it is a plugin.

Personally I prefer VanillaController and dynamic routing.

grep is your friend.