HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MyAttachments ideas and donation

2»

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

Also if a picture has a "Restricted Attachment" it's easy to watch it by clicking on it as it loads the picture directly into the browser.

don't use the option for regular users just for debugging purposes - like "how come I don't see images.

Although, sorry that i'm so annoying. It would be cool to have a rule that allows user who are allowed to see that category to see the this categories uploads too. Right now its forbidden for them even though they are allowed to read discussions in this category.

theoretically if you can view category you can see discussion and image. not sure what you are talking about.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Mmh sorry, but i have no clue why my users seem to have an enormous amount of "Restricted Attachments". Even though the categories are open to users they are not shown.

Maybe i don't get it or there is something wrong with the logic of restricted attachments or a bug under 2.0.18.10. See the screenshots of page 4, 1 and 2.

This user has 436 uploads. The pagination acts weird, seems like it's counting the restricted attachments too, but what makes them really restricted?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

my fault for not testing changes i added to version 1.8 - so until further notice use version 1.7

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

so until further notice use version 1.7

edited January 2014

I'll sponsor a fix for this. Wether it goes to @hgtonight or your @peregrine. :) Better not having a buggy 1.8 in the air so others are irritated.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Send all donations to peregrine.

The count has to include any restricted attachments to scale at all. This is the way comments and discussions are handled.

An attachment is considered restricted if the parent item is in a category the logged in user cannot see. There is an option to show a placeholder attachment for restricted attachments (Check the 'Indicate Restricted' option in settings). With this checked you should see the exact number of entries as indicated in the tab count.

I was testing against 2.0.18.10 with fileupload 1.5.2 on a localhost. Everything worked as far as I could tell.

What would really be helpful is a snapshot of some forum that actively uses file upload. My community doesn't use it so I just made a bunch of posts with different users to different categories with different view permissions. Then attached files to random posts.

Sorry for any confusion/issues caused.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@hgtonight said

Send all donations to peregrine.

sounds good to me. :)

I made a few more changes to theoretically fix some things in version 1.9 which is out now.

restricted images do not show when clicked. added settings. pager optional (if you have restricted category viewing you probably want to turn off pager).

@phreak said:
    I'll sponsor a fix for this. Wether it goes to @hgtonight or your @peregrine. :smile: Better not having a buggy 1.8 in the air so others are irritated.

@phreak said:
    Thanx @peregrine. Did you implement category permission and localization. Probably needs a little more sponsoring. Will do

sure @phreak, if there are no strings attached.

I don't take sponsorships with strings attached, however

• Sure Phreak if would be great
    • if you want to send an additional donation
      • since I made numerous changes specifically for you,
      • I 'll let you know in this discussion if i receive a donation

edited January 2014

Beloved @peregrine, I sent you another donation. I also sent you an answer to your private message. Although it looks like "numerous changes specifically for me" has been made or what you wrote in PM "extra work i did for you"... there were a lot of ideas and inputs besides what i was suggesting and bug-testing from you, @vrijvlinder and @hgtonight.

More than probably 80 people downloaded (currently 118 downloads) the plugin and while i donated you still bug me on several occasions. I'm just feedbacking through my power of a big community testing your plugins live and give you a donation for the ones i will use productivly as MY part of the community supporting development. This is exactly what you asked for in the past.

Musicians have a saying: "Even if it's just one person, don't piss the audience that's is attending to your concert". Please, i really ask you to put your anger towards those who are not contributing wether in bug-testing nor in donations instead of concentrating it on me. Thanx. :)

EVERYBODY ELSE WHO IS USING THIS PLUGIN DONATE TO @PEREGRINE. Give back to those feeding you!

Btw.: All VanillaSkins.com income is provided to development of new plugins or donations for developers.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@phreak

Beloved @peregrine, I sent you another donation. I also sent you an answer to your private message. Although it looks like "numerous changes specifically for me" has been made or what you wrote in PM "extra work i did for you"...

thanks for the additional donation. appreciated and received.

Will do = I will do - in my case (please be give me patience when it comes to answers and donations from me, it can be the case this will take more than 24h, i run several projects, have meetings, almost 14 people who are regular suppliers and so on).

"Sponsor" > Sorry, wrong word, i'm no native english speaker. No strings, i just like the idea of mentions and linking of donators in your plugin descriptions as this mentions VanillaSkins.com to people, what makes me re-invest the earnings in plugins.

smokingthepeacepipe

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@phreak said:
    just like the idea of mentions and linking of donators in your plugin descriptions as this mentions VanillaSkins.com to people, what makes me re-invest the earnings in plugins.

I added a link to your site in the add-on. I was trying to move away from this and just put a note on the users wall. But for you beloved @phreak I added it :) to the plugin description in the add-ons section.

and the rest of the users have you to thank for donations and ideas, and hgtonight for exceptional code enhancements, r_j for great ideas and vrijvlinder - for extraordinary css.

@phreak said:
    More than probably 80 people downloaded (currently 118 downloads) the plugin and while i donated

and more than 20,000 downloads if you total up all my plugins. every donation helps. thanks phreak for your donations.

edited February 2014

I've just had a look at my Google Webmaster Tools and found out that the My Attachments sites are visible from 2 URLs.

http://www.forum.com/profile/myattachments/1000/username
    http://www.forum.com/dashboard/profile/myattachments/1000/username

Is there any reason why ~/dashboard/ appears in a 2nd URL @peregrine? Maybe there is something wrong, i have no clue, Dashboard, just feels a bit unsafe. :)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Dashboard in the second url is just the application that owns the profile controller. All "profile" pages can be accessed with the second url type. The existence of the application name is optional (in most cases) and doesn't mean anything security wise.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

@hgtonight: Thanx for the information. Sorry, didn't want to bother this thread.