HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bump Plugin

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited January 2014 in Feedback

I've got a potential bump plugin if some wants to test it, you can let me know in this discussion.

It updates the DateLastComment Field to current time when bump is clicked without adding a bump comment.

I don't think this will have any impact other than to cause discussion to rise, but if someone has some caveats against doing this, let me know.

It will allow people with permission to bump to cause discussion to rise. Probably best for mods and admins so it is not abused.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Cool idea.

Essentially the same thing as announcing a discussion though, no?

The difference of course that the discussion won't sink naturally until it is unannounced.

As long as it doesn't modify the last comment's actual insert date I could really support it. I suppose some testing is in order. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

yes. you could call it a natural sinking pseudo announcement.

or an unnatural rising of a regular discussion without the need for a comment with a "bump in the body" :)

I'll post it fairly soon, need to do somethings now.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @hgtonight said:
    As long as it doesn't modify the last comment's actual insert date I could really support it. I suppose some testing is in order.

I uploaded the plugin http://vanillaforums.org/addon/bumpdiscussion-plugin

@hgtonight if you want to test and close this discussion as well.

This discussion has been closed.