Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion pagniation not working for guests

Hi

The discussion pagination seems to be working for Admins who are logged in but not Guests or Members

The URL structure is: http://www.example.com/forum/discussions/p2 (page 2)

The page simple displays 'No discussions were found.'. No errors are shown.

The fact pagination is working as expected for Admins led me to think it might be a permission/role problem, but I can't seem to find any configuration in the control panel.

I'm not even sure where to look in the code to see where the problem might lie. Help please!

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version number of Vanilla are you running?

What plugins do you have enabled?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• It's version 2.0.18.4 and plugins installed include: Vanilla (1.0.6) By Mark O'Sullivan, Facebook (1.0.1) By Todd Burry, In This Discussion (1) By Mark O'Sullivan, PostApproval (1.0b2) By Jonathan Pautsch, Twitter (0.1a) By Todd Burry, Vanilla Statistics (2.0.2) By Mark O'Sullivan

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please update to 2.0.18.11 for security and other issues. Back up first.

Go to the forum dashboard and click roles and permissions. Then edit the members and guest permissions as you see fit.

• yourbetterlife.com/forum/

its not showing "all discussions" to ordinary members and guests. admins can see it.

I upgraded the forum to 2.0.18.10 > @vrijvlinder said:

Please update to 2.0.18.11 for security and other issues. Back up first.

Go to the forum dashboard and click roles and permissions. Then edit the members and guest permissions as you see fit.

Where i can get 2.0.18.11 ?? I only found 2.0.18.10 from this forum.

thanks

Lol sorry my bad it is 10, I was in the future of a moment ... forgive me it is 2.0.18.10

• No probe :) any solution for what I've asked above ?

This seems to be a bug. You are not the first with this issue. Would have to research the forum for the solution .

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

post screenshots of your dashboard role permissions for members and guests and your category permissions. After you update to 2.0.18.10

both roles should have view permissions for any category you want viewable.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

did the problem just occur, or did you import from another forum using porter.

if you imported, you may want to install a test forum with a new database and copy the permissions table from the newly created test forum,and adjust accordingly through dashboard

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• if changing permissions in your current setup doesn't effect the proper changes see:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/196686/#Comment_196686

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/189356/#Comment_189356

• I have attached the screenshot.
    I transferred the moved forum from another domain, and works fine there... I just replaced the database with the one installed on other domain.. but it doesn't work either.

The problem is, when we click on any category on right panel.. discussions are visible..

it doesn't work for "All discussions" only.

scrn.jpg 172.7K
  • try

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/199096/#Comment_199096

Perhaps, also remove the .ini files from /cache

• doesn't work either !! :( I strange replacing the DB and updating structure doesn't work at all.

• Maybe I am confused now - Is it just for page 2 of discussions or all discussions.

can you re-summarize.

• can you please have a look on it yourself?
    http://yourbetterlife.com/forum/

its for "all discussions"

• if it is all discussions related to guest. compare your permissions table with respect to role 2 (if that is the guest role) with the permissions table in this comment.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/196686/#Comment_196686

I can see all pages of discussions as a guest. No pagination problem. Maybe you can clarify exactly when this happens.

• OK - So, Disabling PostScheduler made it work !!
    almost caught it, i have this same plugin on the domain i moved the forum from.. but, recently, i tried to change the permissions for PostScheduler so no one can see the scheduled posts..

Now, can you please guide me what can be the correct way to hide the scheduled posts from all type of members, except admins?

• enovtecenovtec New
    edited January 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    I can see all pages of discussions as a guest. No pagination problem. Maybe you can clarify exactly when this happens.

Great timing, this was fixed a moment before you had a look lol :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

start a new discussion under the plugin in question. go to to the plugin. select ask question and describe your issue.