Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

JSConnect working for all browsers except IE

I set up a vanilla forum, embedded it into a web page on a site with JSConnect for SSO, and it works perfectly in FireFox, Chrome, and Safari ... but it doesn't work in Internet Exploder.

Has anyone else run into this? I'm not seeing any error messages in the script console at all... the embedded forum just comes up on the Guest page as if they aren't logged in.

Comments

• I have the same problem, was there a fix for this?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Faenix

I haven't seen you around here, so welcome to the community!

If you have a public URL to share, I would be happy to take a look.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

I couldn't find any issues.

I was able to register through wordpress and log in to the forums via JS Connect on IE 8.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• but not in IE 11 or 10

• I think it must be a java issue with the browser itself. That is the only thing I can think of.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@Faenix

I think it must be a java issue with the browser itself.

perhaps your message reworded: I think it must be a javascript issue with the browser itself.

just minor typo for you. java is not javascript.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@Faenix said:
    but not in IE 11 or 10

I just tested it as working in IE 11. I won't be able to test in IE 10 since you can't gracefully downgrade IE.

At this point I think it is an issue with your browsing environment.

Search first

• suggestions on what to do to fix the browser?

• do you block javascripts in your browser?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @hgtonight said:
    At this point I think it is an issue with your browsing environment.

I believe since IE8 pressing F12 bring up developer tools, You can set the mode to a previous version of IE.

grep is your friend.

@x00 said:
    I believe since IE8 pressing F12 bring up developer tools, You can set the mode to a previous version of IE.

For what it is worth, I was able to login without issue on all the emulated versions of IE 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Search first