Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to import subforum from vbulletin to vanillaforums?

I have read the documentation on the import tool but cant find answer to my question, also a forum search didnt help.

My question:
How to import subforum from vbulletin to vanillaforums?

My setup:
A large vbulletin forum, with many subforums.

My goal:
To export / import one of the vbulletin subforums into a fresh vanilla installation on a separate host and domain.

Please let me know if this is possible and how to go about?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

The porter tool is designed to export the entire forum (including sub-forums) and importing will bring everything over.

I suggest you duplicate your vbulletin install, delete all the forums you don't want to import and then run the porter tool. This way it will generate an export of just the desired discussions.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

The porter tool is designed to export the entire forum (including sub-forums) and importing will bring everything over.

I suggest you duplicate your vbulletin install, delete all the forums you don't want to import and then run the porter tool. This way it will generate an export of just the desired discussions.

Thanks for the welcome and the interesting solution.
    I hope i will be able to pull of this manoeuver.