Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What is a good base theme for development that is also table-less?

The "+Baseline" theme was fine until that old table structure striked again.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• how is this question much different than the previous one you asked 5 minutes ago.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26005/is-there-a-table-less-vanilla-theme

why don't you download some same themes as suggested.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• yusfyusf New
    edited January 2014

But no theme was suggested. The other question seems to have been interpreted in the narrowest possible way (≈"does table-less themes exist?"), hence no steps forward in finding a suiting base theme.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

ok still same answer. most theme add-ons are table-less.

why don't you download some recently added themes as suggested.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• So they're all equally suitable as barebone themes to build upon?

• Thanks for telling me what to look for.

Why is it taboo to recommend specific themes?

• everyone has there own preferences. no one has the same aesthetic as you do.

personally, i like FlatVI

you can search the forum for discussions related to favorite theme. there have been some discussions. Usually when a poll is made - requesting people to submit there suggestions, it is pretty pitiful when it come to input. perhaps user apathy. as long as there question is answered they don't care about anything else or anyone's questions.

• Alright, thank you for more in-depth knowledge.

Aesthetics doesn't matter very much in this case since it's only a starting point for a different design. I will check out FlatVI as a courtesy (though it contains table-elements).

• most likely 2.1 if baseline+ is what he tried.

but the point is a good one.

EVERY user should ALWAYS post their version Number of vanilla in opening post, if only to help others later.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@peregrine I think it is 2.1 based on the theme, but weirder things have happened :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• yusfyusf New
    edited January 2014

@hgtonight Got it!

One may have a taste for tabled layouts, but the table element itself should display tabular data only and not being used as a design tool. :)

Yes, 2.1 it is.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@yusf said:
    One may have a taste for tabled layouts, but the table element itself should display tabular data only and not being used as a design tool. :)

I agree wholeheartedly. :D

Glad you got it sorted.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I guess another question then surfaces: when will the "core theme"/table layout abandon tables? :)

• I guess another question then surfaces: when will the "core theme"/table layout abandon tables? :smile:

when you become Manager of the theme development team at vanilla headquarters.

• yusfyusf New
    edited January 2014

@peregrine Why, does the current have a lifetime commitment to table-based design structure or something? :#

• you are talking to the peanut gallery. we are not the developers of vanilla, we are only volunteers. As much as people want to change their business model, their structure, their design. The fact remains, it is PURELY their decision, not ours. for better or worse. that is the bottom line. Suggest you personally message owners of vanilla, and push your requests through on github. Otherwise, it will be a never-ending circle of despair for you.

• @peregrine No "decision" was to be made here. Personally, I feel no despair at all. Pretty sure @Kasper is doing some amazing things with the upcoming vanilla-bootstrap at the moment.