HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Botstop zip - for approval only. with random number and two alternating word questions.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited January 2014 in Feedback

zip is attached here. Since the original designer of the plugin is unavailable (for over 18 months) for adding approval registration method. Otherwise I would have just sent him a mod instead of posting zip.

you can set the alternating questions and answers in the settings. Questions alternate after a certain time frame

it is specifically for approval. If you don't approve then this one is not for you.

@CharlesCity365 - I think you will be much happier and less spammed with applicants. if

you should try this attached zip in addition to
http://vanillaforums.org/addon/registrationrestrictlogger-plugin
and the new version of cleanser http://vanillaforums.org/addon/cleanser-plugin

if it works for you great. Not sure how much i'm going to support the attached zip. But i tested in vanilla 2.0.18.10 with and without restrict registration logger and it seemed to work fine when using approval method of registration.

For others, only positive feedback desired :) meaning it worked for you - great. then you can click awesome.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited January 2014

Ähhhm, i wanted to come in peace and help testing... but then this happened while testing the registration page with "@peregrine BotStop". ;D
    (See screenshot)

By the way @Lincoln and Crew, can we find a modus that allows taking over plugins or connecting them through information. Something like an option within the Addon upload area where developers could state that they enhanced a plugin written by someone else. Or like a "related to". Some developers never come back.

Maybe we could also establish a general guideline for taking over addons that are abandoned so we avoid the confusion for newer users?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@phreak Ähhhm, i wanted to come in peace and help testing...

as long as you come in peace that's ok.

captcha is not approval method? I can't test captcha for captcha method it but I can post something I think will work if you want to try it @phreak, let me know.

the plugin as it stands works for confirm email or not. and

as stated above - Approval method,

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Approval';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@phreak

after you download the zip above.

you could try the attached zip here as a replacement for registercaptcha.php put it inside
    /BotStop/views

I can't test it myself.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@phreak here's another captcha to try as well.

try the one above and let me know and then try this.

it has a reason for joining as well.

once again I can't test it. it may work for you.

• for vanilla 2.1 (which assumes you know what you are doing and a developer)
    just copy the views beginning with register from

applications/dashboard/views/entry

into /BotStop/views

and insert snippet above discovery text in each of the views. and adjust as needed for php

• @phreak _ I will be patient. But since you commented on something that i said it would not do and then I tried to make it do what you want it to do. I am assuming you will follow through on this - ja? or Nein?

edited January 2014

@peregrine: Sorry, i'm not following every thread or addon development cycle thoroughly. I just help testing on this or that end as u suggested one time (you meant "i have a perfect surrounding to give feedback about plugins"). I'm not using BotStop and i didn't want it to make anything. I was just helping with testing this plugin.

Also i was with friends yesterday and then went to bed for 8 hours, while taking breakfast now before my employees come in 10 minutes, so i'm not always around.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

never mind. I removed all zips. no worthwhile feedback and not worth my time either.

And no, I won't re-post it again.

edited January 2014

@peregrine: Maybe you were expecting too much, too soon this time. Give those grapes a little time to get ready, not everyone can respond within some hours on the other side of the globe. ;)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@hg, I wouldn't complain if this discussion were sunk or deleted or closed.

I don't expect any Dudes to be singing "Don't Cry For Me Argentina".

Anyway the boat left the shore for sunnier climes in search of grape vines.

In this case zip, means there is zip (as in zilch) in the discussion. The dual meaning of zip.

transmission lost....

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I 'm just glad I got my limited edition copy of Bot Stop before it was sold out ;)<3<3

This OS related board needs its own OS therapists. But nobody listened to my prayers. o:);)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

But nobody listened to my prayers

Sometimes even a therapist can't help with that. :'( Maybe the higher powers had other things to do.

for all those seeking OS therapy that is not available in their country of residence, try listening to the Rolling Stones.

• "You can't always get what you want"

followed by

• "I can't get no Satisfaction".

then cap it off with Simon and Garfunkel's

• "Sounds of Silence".

Beating a dead horse that you don't want or desire or have time for is still beating a dead horse, and it gets you nowhere.

Perhaps a moderator will see it worth the while to close this discussion. On the other hand, it could be used as a useless flame war.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@peregrine said:

• "You can't always get what you want"
    • "I can't get no Satisfaction".
    • "Sounds of Silence".

Loved this.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

This discussion has been closed.