Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to change the "built in" text?

So I had a little issue and I couldnt wind the answer through w3schools or google web developer. I wanted to change the title of the "all categories" page to something like "all boards", but I cant find the exact code for modifying it. I can hide the text completely using this but am unsure of how to change it.

body.Vanilla.Categories.all .DataList .Meta, .Headings .ItemHeading{
color: transparent;
opacity: 0;
}

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

what version number of vanilla? By now, you surely will have noticed this question asked in almost every discussion.

what theme?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• BabyeaterBabyeater New
    edited January 2014

2.0.18.10 is my version.

I can change it by doing this but the effect isn't permanent.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Babyeater said:
    I can change it by doing this but the effect isn't permanent.

Do you mean to say it reverts after a while?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Do you mean to say it reverts after a while?

I'm just saying by using the "edit text" option in the editor only changes the cached version of the site, but I can't do any permanent changes doing this.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Please re-read @peregrine's post. His approach uses locale definitions to change the text permanently.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2014

Element inspectors allow you to see how changes would affect your page, but as you can see, do not actually write to the relevant file.

You need to use the information in the editor to show you where to go in the Vanilla files to edit this.

It show that the changes are being made in custom.css, which you will find in

Vanilla - themes - Active_theme_name - design