Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to force Simple HTML with Button Bar?

2»

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

put your site in maintenance.
    back up the database properly with phpmyadmin.

try it and see if it works, if it doesn't restore your database.

you've got nothing to lose but a little bit of time if you back up and restore properly.
    which you should know how to do as a forum admin. it is a learning experience.
    and you can learn if you backup, try things, and restore if it doesn't work out.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/156930/#Comment_156930

i would do a backup first if it doesn't work out as expected, which it very well may not. But you never know. you may need to parse as suggested above if it doesn't work out for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Backups are no problem. I just don't know what to do. Where do I have to write down the "update ... " and where are the GDN_Discussion.Format and GDN_Comment.Format? :(

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

go to phpmyadmin , select your database, click sql then type in the command.

if you don't have phpmyadmin, ask your host what tools you have to enter sql commands.

there are phpmyadmin tutorials on the web probably. a handy tool to know how to use.

if your prefix (i.e. GDN is different adjust it as necessary to match your table prefix).

As an aside, prior to doing anything you might want to look at a few sql tutorials just to understand for your background, since this seems new to you, but that is not mandatory.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Well.. now that was very easy... and it works. Thank you very much!