Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Users can't change their email information in "Edit My Account"!

2»

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes thanks I am aware of the personal human reasons to limit changing emails. I was asking if changing emails would have any detrimental effect on the content belonging to the user. Seems that if changing emails is a configuration in 2.1 , that makes me ask if it was an oversight that it was not added to 2.0 or what was the reason ...

• It absolutely seems an oversight, given that people could edit their own Username (questionable), password or email address in Van 1.0; in Van2.0 none of those save password was editable, and the only access level in Garden allowed was not "let this user edit their own email or not", but rather "let this user edit everyone's emails or not" (who, besides a core moderator/admin, would ever need that on?)... Yeah, seems like an oversight that never got fixed in the core pool. Especially given the fact that other large forum sites that run on Van2, like Penny Arcade and the like, all have hacks/fixes in place that let users edit their own emails with no problems.

I mean, I get that there are bigger fish to fry in terms of fixes and features for Van2 that take priority, but there's no way that this was anything other than an oversight.