Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thankful People Plugin Doesn't Work in Mobile Theme

I've tried adding $Configuration['Plugins']['ThankfulPeople']['MobileFriendly'] = TRUE; to my config.php to no avail, and can't find anywhere within the plugin that mentions that is not mobile friendly.

Does anyone know a fix to have this plugin work on the mobile theme?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Does your mobile theme contain the Panel?

Try one of my mobile themes , they all have the panel, GlassMobile is a php based theme and most plugins work. You could make that one match your forum by simply changing the background.

• It does not - I'll try another one and see, thanks!

• @vrijvlinder you are the best. This new mobile theme fixes that problem and a bunch of others I wanted not to cram the message board with.

Thanks again.

• kirkpa31 = vrijvlinder = Thankful People :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I'm using a fairly modified (at least in terms of CSS) version of the default Mobile theme (which is .tpl based). I tried adding {asset='Panel'} to the default.master.tpl file in an attempt to add the panel to it, so that this plugin will work on mobile.

I'm assuming there's more to it than that... because it didn't work.

So how would I get this plugin, which I'd think should be able to work with a mobile theme, to work by modifying the default mobile theme?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@khalwat, as far as I know, this plugin doesn't need the panel at all.

Try adding 'MobileFriendly' => TRUE, to the plugin info array at the top of class.thankfulpeople.plugin.php.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• khalwatkhalwat New
    edited February 2014

@hgtonight I did add this to the config.php file:

$Configuration['Plugins']['ThankfulPeople']['MobileFriendly'] = TRUE;

(to no avail)...but I will try it there as well, and report back, thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

@khalwat said:
    hgtonight I did add this to the config.php file:

$Configuration['Plugins']['ThankfulPeople']['MobileFriendly'] = TRUE;

WRONG!

(to no avail)...but I will try it there as well, and report back, thanks!

yes, what you did will NOT work via config.php. it is flat out incorrect. but if you follow the instructions, that hgtonight gave you, as you said you would, it will at least give a plugin a chance of working.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/202352/#Comment_202352

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited February 2014

@hgtonight said:
    Try adding: 'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,

to the plugin info array at the top of class.thankfulpeople.plugin.php.

That means in the plugin. Inside the Thankful People Plugin. Where it says define plugin and has the name and version number etc.

If you add it last on the list remove the comma.

• @hgtonight said:
    khalwat, as far as I know, this plugin doesn't need the panel at all.

Try adding 'MobileFriendly' => TRUE, to the plugin info array at the top of class.thankfulpeople.plugin.php.

This indeed did the trick. And now my users (and I) are very thankful :)

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

@vrijvlinder, you are so knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks

edited February 2014

No, Not really knowledgable but thanks :p

• @vrijvlinder said:
    If you add it last on the list remove the comma.

yep, PHP associative arrays are fun for everyone :)