Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Quotes 1.6.1: BB Code and attribution not working

Using Vanilla Forums 2.2.5.
Using Quotes 1.6.1.
Using Theme Bootstrap 2.1.0. "Flatly".

Quotes doesn't seem to work at the bb code level. I can make a pull quote by switching to HTML mode, but the attribution doesn't seem to work either.

I realize I'm using an alpha version of the forums software, so if that is where the issue lies, understood and I'll deal with it. I would appreciate any help. Please let me know if I need to report this as a bug using a different method (other than posting questions on the forums).

Thank you for all of your hard work! I'd like to get familiar enough with Vanilla to be able to start helping.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited February 2014

Bugs relating to the 2.1+ branch should be reported on GitHub.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited February 2014

Submitted to Addons. Thanks.

• It doesn't seem to be working properly in Version 2.0.18.10 either.

• @ghurley said:
    It doesn't seem to be working properly in Version 2.0.18.10 either.

In 2.0.18 and latest git version plugin behave badly.
    I can't exit quote if I place one symbol and then delete it with backspace.
    Quote folding is not properly works either.

AFAIK, the quotes plugin was never designed to run on 2.0.x.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Well, it used to work in 2.0.x, so I'm just surprised that it stopped working as well after I applied a security update to the forum software. Also, it says right on the side that it works with Vanilla 2 and Vanilla 2.1

@ghurley said:
    Also, it says right on the side that it works with Vanilla 2 and Vanilla 2.1

Ah... The Vanilla 2 badge is actually there to differentiate between Vanilla 1 and Vanilla 2. From what I understand, the frameworks between 1 and 2 are vastly different. The addons repo still supports Vanilla 1 addons.

The required applications list shows you need 2.1a for the plugin to function properly. Please see this thread about the requirements: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20660/only-for-vanilla-2-1a

Search first

• So should I install an older version of the plugin?

• I've just installed on Vanilla 2.1 and it always says "author said" instead of using the author's id name.

Also is there a way to make the quote link use an image like in the Vanillaforums.org?

• Hi, does anyone have the same problem and is there a fix? The author's name doesn't show up, it only says "author" instead of the name