HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Event Calendar Beta

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

When I came here I wanted to create an event calendar. It was planned to be a very mighty piece of software and I never really got something finished, though I've started a thousand times!
Yesterday I received my first anniversary badge and I felt guilty immediately. So today I was consolidating all my efforts and uploaded what I've finished by now. I hope this will give me some pressure to finish at least the very basic version in the near future...

By the way: thanks for the nice time I was able to spent here! It was an enjoyable year :)

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Looks promising! :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Looks very promising indeed!

Looking forward to seeing it out of beta! :)

If you have any specific questions about styling, I may be able to help.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you need a helping hand.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I haven't worked really hard on the css but I want it to look like it is shown on the screenshot attached.
    If there are too many (more than 2, maybe 3) events for one day, there should be a link shown to a daily overview, but that is a php task, not a css one.
    I would like to show only the title of a discussion and on click there should be a popup like the standard Vanilla Sign In with additional info:
    Event Date
    Title
    Discussion Body
    But I haven't thought much about the layout yet...

• I've a semi-busy day today, but I'll download this tonight and try to test it out tomorrow. I will post you an update here once I've further explored R_J. Happy to help!

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited March 2014

Setting the text-overflow property to ellipsis may work well for long event titles: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_text-overflow.asp

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2014

Here is a calendar I started , kind of in reverse from @R_J I have the css and all that but failed at the settings page to be able to write to the json file the events.

Maybe you can use some parts of this, I made it's own page in this plugin. At the very least you can see how to make the css for your own. It is very nice looking you can see a demo here

http://freeplanet3.com/Forum/vcalendar

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

here is icon I made for plugin navigator

edited March 2014

Your calendar is very nice looking indeed, @vrijvlinder‌, but I want to match the look of Vanilla. So I want to use existing classes / colors as often as possible.

But thanks for the icons! They are great as always! :)

• Hi R_J,

I am sorry about the delays bud. I've been bogged down by other obligations.

Still looking for some help?

Maybe add me to messenger so we can talk. Do you have Gtalk? I prefer that, but do have Skype.

PM me and we can connect off the forums to discuss.

Have a great day bud!

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Hey R_J.. ;)

If you like to use my Event Calender, please contact me... :wink:

I'll maybe have the time to look at that at the weekend, but I'm not even sure about that... :\

• This looks really promising! Will it be further developed?

From time to time I look at it but today I've "redesigned" it completely - again!
    I'm doing that every few months so I'm not sure if that will ever come to end :-/

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R_J said:
    From time to time I look at it but today I've "redesigned" it completely - again!
    I'm doing that every few months so I'm not sure if that will ever come to end :-/

As long as you aren't reinventing the wheel each time, you are good to go!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.