Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error Logging - v 2.2.3.4

Hi guys - I have the forum up and running well except one thing...

I get an error when I try and activate plugins etc but unfortunately it isn't an informative error.

destroybeforereading.com [Tue Mar 25 13:42:32 2014] [error] [client 109.150.45.7:34611] malformed header from script 'index.php': Bad header: OK

Any ideas? ( I'd prefer not to have the 'if you don't know you shouldn't be using it' response.. please :smile: )

My forum is in a sub-directory /forum/ - could that be the issue?

Thanks
Rob

Tagged:

Comments

• OK - extracted more info from the error log:

destroybeforereading.com [Tue Mar 25 14:00:07 2014] [error] [client 63.147.126.185:46871] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/sites/destroybeforereading.com/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.cgi,index.pl,index.asp,index.html,index.html.var,index.shtml,index.php,index.php3,index.htm,default.htm,default.asp) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

Definitely the sub-directory - where is this set?

Cheers
    Rob

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

If you don't know you shouldn't be using it.

Now that we got that out of the way, hi!

Is it the same issue found here? https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1561

You may need to change your .htaccess file (if you are running apache). Have you done this?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Great stuff - thanks for not lecturing me :)

Got it working with that link.

This comment did it (except it's line 845 currently in case anyone has the same issue)
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1561#issuecomment-16123822

Thanks hgtonight - we're cooking now!

Rob