HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[SOLVED] Installing Vanilla 2.1b3 on a non-internet connected server.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited April 2014 in General Banter

Can you install by copying a the vanilla21b3.zip file via a jump drive to a server that in not connected to the internet.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Are you sure? It seemed like a legit question...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@Lincoln said:

Are you sure? It seemed like a legit question...

I resolved it.

my issue was this.

Q. Can you install by copying the version 2.1b3 vanilla-core zip file via a jump drive to a server that in not connected to the internet

I unzipped, and installed files and directories and created database.

ran the install....

initially I couldn't get to the dashboard or signout after the install completed on the non-internet connected server.

what I did to correct the situation was

• close browser

• make sure your .htaccess rewriteBase is correct in .htaccess. which I changed.

• and added this line

$Configuration['Garden']['Cdns']['Disable'] = TRUE;

• open browser, clear .ini files from cache, and signin again.

and was able to see the dashboard and signouts.

could have been multiple things. I didn't try to replicate. but it proves, it can be done, even if you have to follow these steps.

Ideally it might be advantageous Cdns Disable should be set to true when installing, but a minor issue if an issue at all.

works fine now.

if you want you can change title back to original.

only issue I see - is the duplication of "dashboard" link in the dropdown, as the admin, which I think someone reported. But that issue occurs whether installed with or without internet connection.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

I might add, here in Peregrinistan, I have a line of people around the block waiting to sign-in to my new non-internet and non-networked 2.1b3 server. Some people were camping out since midnight. I gave them doggie bags to tide them over (v and lincoln - inside joke :)) People are allowed 10 minutes on the server to post discussions, and then a new person comes in and signs up. so far, everyone is pleased with Vanilla 2.1b3

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@lincoln

I isolated the issue - failure to load jquery.js on install if not connected to internet.

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1832

although you can modify config after install to change content delivery.

if you can't reach googleapis (either due to internet problems or your own config) and you don't have

then you do not get a popdown in the cogwheel and you go directly to /profile/edit
    (and you don't get options on the cog wheel drop down box. that usually presents the Applicants, Spam queue, Moderation queue,signout, dashboard.

It could explain why some users can't get to dashboard or signout - mysterious issues reported in past that magically disappear.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Thanks!