Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any Tab based browser that fits on a USB KEY and doesnt require install?

Comments

• oh, there are ways around that. in this case you want to look for the monolithic directx end-user runtimes that can be found in the dx developer site. here, i'll save you the trouble: http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/sdk/
  • Easiest way around it is install it from some game or something that uses it, since that is the only occasion you really need it anyway.
  • unless you're like me and you end up installing or reinstalling windows a couple of times per month, yes :)
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Problem with most games that ship with it, usually ship with an older version that was intended for use around when it was compiled. I've got a few of these new games, and more than half of them ship with like directX 8 or pre 9.0c builds. Luckily for me, this card is already 9.0c compliant on the hardware side :D
  • edited February 2006
    "But it really annoys me that I can't get updates because my Winnie isn't legal, there are bound to be some problems with that."

Yeah, what bastards.
  • Lol. Pirated copies of windows can still recieve critical security updates, (through auto update, not the site) but they cant get the unneeded software/hardware driver updates. Which isnt that surprising really. And you can still get round it if you know how. It took them long enough to have a decent go though - it had me fooled for a few hours.
  • Of course I was meaning that there are bound to be some problem with the legally bought Winnies. Fuck if I care if I have problems, I can go round them and move like a jedi ninja assassin.
  • You'd think by registering my copy of Windows I could retrieve my CD key from them. No, that's too simple.
  • there's a tool that lets u find ur product key from ur HDD>..
  • It was a complete reinstall though. Otherwise that would've been perfect, thanks for the info though.
  • I just tried Portable Firefox and it works like a charm.
  • sweet stuff... I LOVE ie 7 tho... its SPEEEDYY!!!!
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    you're smoking crack! put down the pipe! ie = BAD.
  • the IE7 interface is so god damn freakin' unusable.
  • IE7 is faster but it's still not rendering pages correctly. Hell, I'm no CSS guru but a page I've created is standards compliant and works in everything BUT IE. Any version of IE. In IE7 all the text is screwed too.

Firefox 1.5:
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Opera 9:

IE7:

Don't know why that's occuring. I don't have text-shadow or whatever it is.
  • Does it work in ie6?
  • It looks nicer but still doesn't work correctly. Doesn't have that weird shadow effect.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    CRUCIFY IT!
  • I think, without source, we're not going to be much help.
  • Create an ActiveX control that automatically installs Firefox for all users :D
This discussion has been closed.