Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Drop down list to tag?

RohithRohith New
edited November 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have the tagging plugin enabled, and I've added select tag drop down lists on the new discussion form. I want to make it mandatory to select a value in these. When an item is selected, I want it to be added to the list of tags. Can someone gently push me in the right direction as to how I can do this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Yes, I also search for this.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I'm not quite sure what you try to achieve, but if you want to have a drop down and the field of that drop down should be set as a tag, you should look at that plugin: https://github.com/R-J/AddWPInfo
    It is not flexible so you would have to customize it for your needs but it shows you the way how to do it

• Options

@R_J, can you elaborate more on your plugin?

I read the description but didn't get the full gist of it.

@Rohith, are you wanting to pre-set defined tags?

From those pre-defined tags, they select one (or more) mandatory tag?

I'm working on something very similar to this but it's not done yet.

Just curious as I can perhaps cater to this option as I develop what I am working on.

• Options

Task was to force users to give a version info when they ask a question. So I've created a plugin that 1. adds a mandatory dropdown field to New Discussion with every possible version number and 2. hooks the BeforeSave Event to save the value of the dropdown field as a tag.
    I guess that's similar to what Rohtih and gymo are asking for.

I made that plugin for one special use case and that's why I haven't uploaded it to the plugin section here on this site: it could be used as a blueprint but it is not useful out of the box.

• Options

@R_J sounds nice. Could You share it? Is it complicated to implement? Im not php-expert ;)

• Options
    edited April 2014

@gymo said:
    R_J sounds nice. Could You share it?

Already did:

@R_J said:
    I'm not quite sure what you try to achieve, but if you want to have a drop down and the field of that drop down should be set as a tag, you should look at that plugin: https://github.com/R-J/AddWPInfo

@gymo said:
    Is it complicated to implement? Im not php-expert ;)

Try what you can achieve, give a detailed impression of what you want to have when you are finished, and we will find a way ;)

• Options

OMG :) You already did :D

Anyway this plugin needs tagging 1.6 and I have vanilla 1.0.18 where You can find 1.1p1 of tagging plugin. I try to put tagging plugin from vanilla 2.1b3, but it's not work (of course? :).

• Options

You are working with Vanilla 1.0.18?! Let that be a typo...
    Just try to change the version info of the requirements. I think it will work

• Options

Really it was version 2.0.18 (not 1.... ) ;). Now I have 2.1b2 and Your plugin works fine. It looks like easy so I try to configure it B)