Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla setup on webserver error

Hello everyone! I am new here, and this is my first time to setup this script on my webserver.

after complete db username password etc when hit next errors appear..

"Fatal error: Cannot run code from this file in conjunction with non encoded files in /home/mysite/domains/mysite.com/public_html/bbs/conf/config.php on line 364"

Anyone know what is the problem? btw the config.php inside is empty.

Comments

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

you probably have Zend Optimizer enabled. try disabling it.

Anyone know what is the problem? btw the config.php inside is empty.

empty? try reinstalling?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version number of Vanilla are you running?

This sounds like an issue with your PHP environment, I would submit a support request with your hosting provider.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @Aolee said:
    empty? try reinstalling?

There's no way for me to find out where Zend Optimzier is. I've also tried re-download, re-upload, re-setup its no luck still

• @hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

What version number of Vanilla are you running?

This sounds like an issue with your PHP environment, I would submit a support request with your hosting provider.

Hi hgtonight, thanks. glade to hear that...

anyway, I am using the latest version of vanilla forum which I've just downloaded today.

my bad, sorry i was not reading carefully. so you are in the process of installing.

I just noticed the wiki is down.

It should tell you at the top of the installer screen the numerical version of Vanilla you are trying to install.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @Aolee said:
    my bad, sorry i was not reading carefully. so you are in the process of installing.

Nevermind, yeah I was in the process of installing.

• @hgtonight said:
    I just noticed the wiki is down.

It should tell you at the top of the installer screen the numerical version of Vanilla you are trying to install.

I am using this version.
    Version 2.0.18.11 Installer

From some quick googling, this looks like a conflict between APC and Zend optimizer. Your webhost should be able to help you sort this out.

Search first

• @hgtonight said:
    From some quick googling, this looks like a conflict between APC and Zend optimizer. Your webhost should be able to help you sort this out.

Yeah 'll send this issue to my hosting provider. Let's see what happen...

• geexisgeexis New
    edited April 2014

Well, the problem has been solved by adding code to .htaccess

below is the line of code you should add:

php_flag apc.cache_by_default Off