Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to modify contents inside asset Content?

Hello!

1. Version 2.1rc1
  2. How to remove or hide Searchform from asset Content? I would like to have just one search area in the content section. Search form is appearing after when you search and creating a duplicate search area.

I'm assuming that search form is inside asset content.

Thank you.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

no, the content asset is one thing and the other parts are modules. There should not be a double search bar. the code to the search bar is in the default.master.tpl or php of your custom theme. If you don't have a custom theme, download one and edit that or create a new custom theme.

Do not edit any files other than the custom theme and plugins you install.

• Yes, I'm working on modifying a custom theme ninja.

If you look at the attached image, the search bar is the one on top is one I'd like to keep.

If you look at the source code, SearchForm is appearing after when you hit search.

Hope this will give you more detail on what I'm trying to do.

• Please see this attached image. This is what it looks like before hitting search button.

Question 2:

Where does PageControls Top injects from? any idea? I'd like kill that one as well. It seems like it doesn't relevant to other pages in the content.

Thanks.

• How do you actually edit your own post?

Anyway...

I imported my old forum database to further modify the layout and style, and found out that the "class=PageControls Top" displays Pagination in my case. But there is another PageControls Bottom appears again creating a second Pagination at the bottom.

I can't seem to control how to turn on of this off or completely kill the div that holds this classes.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

If you added another search bar other than vanilla, you need to remove the original from the default.master.tpl

To edit the style you edit the custom.css file

.PageControls.Top{
    display:none;
    }
    .PageControls.Bottom{
    display:none;
    }

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@gohunter said:
    How do you actually edit your own post?

You can edit a post by clicking on the little gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the comment. It appears on hover.

You can only edit your post within an hour of the original post. This is a spam prevention mechanic.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @vrijvlinder‌,

Ahh, what a relief of getting rid of the .Top one. I didn't thought this simple route, lol, I was looking for the challenging way and pulling my hair off....

@hgtonight‌,

Thank you for the tip. Good to find. I even found it you can control the duration in the dashboard, wooohooo!! :)

• @vrijvlinder‌,

display: none; Baaam! ---> The search bar that was annoying me gone!.

Thanks for the great simple tip! Now I'm starting to enjoy little bit more with the coding :smiley: