Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Advanced Search Plguin

Hello, where can I get the advanced search plugin same as http://vanillaforums.org/ advanced search?

I've seen many vanilla forum using such plug-in.. but I can't find it anywhere? Can anyone tell me please?

Btw, the current latest version of vanilla search seems to have bugs. It doesn't search title or even the content.. Everything I have write was results empty.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

Sphinxsearch plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I've tried Sphinxsearch. But this is not..

I am looking for some kind of advanced search on this link http://discussions.agilebits.com/search?Search=cxzc

• Options

you have 5 options

1) sign up for the hosted version 
    2) write your own
    3) hire someone to write it for you
    4) live with sphinxsearch
    5) modify sphinsearch to meet your needs.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

It most likely is sphinx search, it is their version of sphinx search. Only something like sphinx or elastic search could do that. What is the point of people asking a question they don't know about, and then telling people you know that answer.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    you have 5 options

1) sign up for the hosted version 
    2) write your own
    3) hire someone to write it for you
    4) live with sphinxsearch
    5) modify sphinsearch to meet your needs.

So basically the one I shown is for hosted version only? I just want to make sure and would like to know how they got that advanced search plug-in. If there's someone selling this plug-in I might interested to get one for my own hosted forum.

• Options

The sphinx search does pretty much everything this does and more, the main difference is the the presentation.

This plugin is probably heavily tied into the SaaS, so it is not is form to be released.

A facility like this is not really a one click install.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@geexis
    If there's someone selling this plug-in I might interested to get one for my own hosted forum.

I bet @mcu_hq could design something for you if you have a reasonable budget. that would fall
    under option

6) pay someone to modify sphinxsearch plugin to fit your needs.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I believe we have our own fork of Sphinx, and then there's the proprietary Advanced Search plugin built on top of that. They are still 2 separate plugins required for both the additional options plus the improved search results. I highly recommend endeavoring to get Sphinx installed, especially if you have a larger community.

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

@peregrine and @x00 are right, you can do the same with the existing sphinx search plugin by modifying the presentation. Last I heard, @meshugy was building a nicer frontend to the plugin which would be awesome.