Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theme is damaged after upgrade from 2.0.18.11 to 2.1

Hi,

Can anyone help me to get rid of this issue. After adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; in conf I get :

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Warning Master views differ. Controller: {PATH}/vanill7/applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php, ViewLocation(): {PATH}/vanill7/applications/dashboard/views/default.master.tpl

My default theme is completely damaged.

How can I resolve this ?

Tagged:

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Your theme is not damaged you simply need to re style it and add the missing css rules and a few details . Give me a link and I will check it out.

• I getting this issue on windows installation. I noticed that If I remove \applications\dashboard\views\default.master.php then it works fine.

But not sure whether It is safe. How can I re style and add missing css ?
    Can I do this from dashboard ? Or manual coding ?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2014

The reason is because you probably were using the php version of the master and selected in the dashboard.

The new Master is a tpl :)

You should create a custom theme.

• Hi, I am using default theme of 2.0.18.11. So, after upgrading what changes I have to do to make theme work ?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Those warnings are benign and not indicative of an actual problem you need to address.

• JameswillJameswill New
    edited April 2014

The new Master is a tpl

As you said that Vanilla has now shifted to tpl from php so do I need to delete the following file :
    applications\dashboard\views\default.master.php

It is not present in the new 2.1 package I downloaded. But as mentioned in the upgrade guide I unzipped the new package over my existing install so the file still exists.

Is it safe to delete the file :
    applications\dashboard\views\default.master.php

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2014

@jameswill Excellent catch! Yes! Delete applications\dashboard\views\default.master.php during the upgrade. Editing the instructions now.