Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Installation error

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Hi @udawwa, you'll need to allow your server to write to the folders indicated. The error message contains a suggested fix. However, I recommend trying 664 instead of 777 first.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

also a bit odd of op to put vanilla installation in the home folder of admin!!!

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

When people install with out some script like simple scripts that creates a db and also asks for what directory to install in and you set it up from there, they tend to install it in the wrong place.

Maybe they need directions as to how to create a new db and also a new directory for the installation.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2014

1.Create a new Directory for the forum in your root for your site.

2.Create a new database or the forum write down the name of user and database name and password. Do not use the same name for these.

3.Start the install, fill in the fields with the info for the data base.

If it is an update, save the config and anything you customized then overwrite the files with the new install. Then replace the config with the one you saved. Make sure the version number matches the new one.

• Hi @udawwa, you'll need to allow your server to write to the folders indicated. The error message contains a suggested fix. However, I recommend trying 664 instead of 777 first.>

@Lincoln please tell me how can I do it

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

use filezilla or ssh into your host or use cpanel.

contact your host provider, if you don't understand how to do any of these.
    this is a basic understanding that should be known by anyone running a forum.

or search on google how to change folder or file permissions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• thanks for all