Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Forum problem : Unable to write to compile dir

2»

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

Also make sure $compile_dir is writable

• it shows same error

• what is $compile_dir?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

look at your error message it says:

unable to write to compile dir - and lists exactly which folder you need to adjust permissions on.

cache/Smarty/compile

I shudder to think who owns what on your file system and the permissions all residing in the home directory of the administrator.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

The $comile_dir is the variable for the compile folder in the smarty folder. The error indicates your host/server is not letting the folder compile be written to.

edited April 2014

It should look like this

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2014

great !! now tell us what you did to fix it so others can learn from you

@udawwa Awesome! Enjoy your new forum :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

hooray!

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @vrijvlinder just reinstall vanilla and change file permissions. It's simple problem but I couldn't see it before

• Three heads are better than 1

occasionally 2 better than 3.

edited April 2014

What helps the most in these cases is adding the mater dev error view to see what is actually happening.

Blank page sucks, I prefer the bonk or something... I had this happen to me on update. First got the 500 then something went totally wrong message , then got the , I think you are getting closer message, finally I just saw a large green checkmark and Lincoln's pic beside it ... cool new addition to the install , the installcoach plugin :)