Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2.1 Compatible?

Is the Vanilla Press 2010 theme compatible with Vanilla 2.1??

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

short answer, no, but you can modify it to work....

• GMoneyGMoney New
    edited May 2014

Think Im gonna try just using default theme and making mods. I noticed in Default theme that there is no CSS and default.master.tpl files to edit. I'm relatively new to this but thats unusual no? Like how do i make the mods without those files?

• GMoneyGMoney New
    edited May 2014

Sorry. Shouldve looked at the default theme's 'Read Me' file before posting last question. Think I'm actually good moving forward with default theme and making a few mods.

• GMoneyGMoney New
    edited May 2014

All good

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Sorry, im back. So the Read Me file says in step 4:

'4. Create a "views" subfolder and copy "/applications/dashboard/views/default.master.tpl" to it.'

Ive created views sub-folder but there is no default.master.tpl file in the path mentioned for me to copy. Can anyone shed some light as to where i can find that file?

• take the default.master.tpl from any theme you want. they are basically all the same, and modify it as you want.

it's really not difficult, you are just making it harder than it is.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2014

@GMoney‌

I've checked my install, and the file is definitely there.

Are you using Vanilla 2.1 stable?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@GMoney said:
    Sorry, im back. So the Read Me file says in step 4:

'4. Create a "views" subfolder and copy "/applications/dashboard/views/default.master.tpl" to it.'

Ive created views sub-folder but there is no default.master.tpl file in the path mentioned for me to copy. Can anyone shed some light as to where i can find that file?

FYI - If there isn't a default.master.tpl file there, your 2.1 install is incomplete. You may run into other issues.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I think youre right Peregrine, thanks for the encouragement. I had loaded the exact same default.master.tpl file from I had before from the Vanilla Press 2010 theme but it was broken as per the theme so that defeated the purpose as I just dont understand the file well enough to see where the issues are so I used the Bittersweet default.master.tpl file and its more clear how to modify so I'll go from there with that, thanks.

whu606 and hgtonight, I checked applications/dashboard/views of my install again and there are a lot of sub-folders there but no default.master.tpl file there, or in any of the sub-folders. I used the automatic update to Vanilla 2.1 via Softaculous just so you know. I'm gonna reinstall Vanilla completely, and ill update post here afterwards.

• Ok I reinstalled completely via Softaculous and the default.master.tpl file is there in applications/dashboard/views this time so just an issue with my 2.1 script update apparently. Thanks for help on this.

• edited September 2015

sorry, wrong thread