Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugin won't completely disable

I'm using Vanilla 2.1 and I enabled the split/merge plugin (ver. 1.1) that comes with the install - installed for the first time about a week ago. The plugin allowed me to move a discussion but not to move a comment so I disabled it. I assume it's supposed to do both?

In any case, I've decided to disable it, but it seems like the only thing to actually disable is the merge functionality.The checkboxes are still visible and when I check one, with the plugin disabled, I still get the popup that says:
You have selected 1 discussion.
Take Action: Delete Move Cancel

With the plugin enabled it says:
You have selected 1 discussion.
Take Action: Delete Move **Merge **Cancel

Can I just delete it from my plugins folder? Will that fully delete it? Will that break anything?

Thanks!

Comments

• Oh, I also logged out, cleared cache, closed the browser and logged back in,

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

it's disabled if you disable it.

but if you want the checkboxes gone.

remove this from your config.php

$Configuration['Vanilla']['AdminCheckboxes']['Use'] = .....

as an aside. I think I posted a fix somewhere to move comments. can't remember where though.

here is a fix that may work in 2.1

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/183775/#Comment_183775

another good habit is to look and read all discussions relating to plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine‌ thanks! That did it. I guess the plugin added that line to the config file? Or changed it to TRUE maybe.

I think I saw your post about moving comments but I decided I not to bother with it at all.

• if its not there its FALSE anyway. you could set it to FALSE if you want, but just one more line in the config.php :) that isn't necessary.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Good point. I did set it to FALSE but you're right. I don't need it.

• Please can the original poster mark @peregrine's answer as resolved! I just did it and it works

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Fengol said:
    Please can the original poster mark peregrine's answer as resolved! I just did it and it works

This isn't a "Question" so you can't mark a comment as the answer. Your affirmation will have to suffice.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.