Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Google Sign-In dosen't works!

AbhinavGAbhinavG New
edited May 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am testing it against latest stable release(2.1) and while using

google sign-in plugin (Allows users to sign in with their Google accounts. Requires ‘OpenID’ plugin to be enabled first. Version 1.1|Requires: Vanilla Version 2.0.14, OpenID Version 0.1a|By Todd Burry)

it shows follwoing errors:

Is it broken? And on the other hand , is their any other alternative available as it has been marked with Vanilla Version 2.0.14 compatible.

Even after the screen as shown in image , it never connects with same error. It does shows a password field below username after another attempt , still dosent gets connected.

1.png 8.8K

Best Answer

Answers

• BTW , does this site uses SocialLogin plugin? [the one with LoginRadius]

• AbhinavGAbhinavG New
    edited May 2014

@R_J , okay it dosen't works again , maybe i was on a non-sleep mode for days. That made me accept that answer sorry! Same thing happens. Infact now password field comes for a sec and then just goes away!

Should I get the whole master branch to test instead of 2.1?

• @AbhinavG said:

@R_J‌ , Now another wierd thing happened. It suddenly worked when i closed my modal box and clicked on icon again. But when I signout from forums and then from google , and tried my different google ID , it logged back to my same ID :neutral_face: , I tried logging out again and tried with third google ID , it logged with same account it had associated with first :neutral_face: .
    Does vanilla stores some kind of IP adresses with respect of different ID's?

• More info : It works fine with the master branch on the github , and the icons are changed from the previous vanilla 2.1 version. It accepts different google accounts and creates different forum accounts for them.

No my concern is , IS the Master Branch stable enough to host forums?
    It seems same as 2.1 .. somewhat to me! And i need social logins for my forum , so I cannot use 2.1 till the bug is fixed.

• AbhinavGAbhinavG New
    edited May 2014

Master version has Discussions broken for me. :( So much broke lol

You can clearly see the difference.

Note the unanswered category.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

your on the wrong path my friend - attempting to use master version of vanilla on your self-hosted site as mentioned many many times.

you should try to identify the problem between 2.1 and master differences related do to the https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/tree/master/plugins/OpenID or what is causing the 2.1 version of plugin to fail.

to get it to work in vanilla 2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• AbhinavGAbhinavG New
    edited May 2014

@peregrine‌ , I have tried both Master and 2.1 in each scenario. Master does works with google sign-on but breaks with discussion. But that's completely fine as it is in active development state.
    2.1 stable version dosen't works with google sign-on , all is fine. I tried to understand both version of plugins.

I tried to incorporate master version of google sign-on into my 2.1, but it produced a blank website under the blue header (in default theme). Everything except header wasn't invisible. Now I'm just tinkering with the code of both versions.

One thing i noted was , earlier versions eg. 2.1 contains design folder inside that plugin , while master branch dosen't. Although this should not create a problem , but might be the disappearance of whole site except header might relate to it? IDK

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I use Vanilla 2.1 (and you should use that version, too), OpenID 1.0 and GoogleSignIn 1.1
    This combination works for me.

• AbhinavGAbhinavG New
    edited May 2014

A temporary solution : I compared two plugins and found out a notable diffeence. Add this function at line 116 of file class.lightopenid.php

protected function fix_url($url) {

// Fix a malformed return url.

$urlp = parse_url($url);

if (isset($urlp['query'])) {

parse_str($urlp['query'], $query);

$urlp['query'] = http_build_query($query);

$url = "{$urlp['scheme']}://{$urlp['host']}{$urlp['path']}?{$urlp['query']}";

}

return $url;

}

and find a code near line 630 that looks like
    if ($this->data['openid_return_to'] != $this->returnUrl) {

and replace it with :

if ($this->fix_url($this->data['openid_return_to']) != $this->returnUrl) {

there are other differences in the other file too , but I think they are just contributing to visual part of plugin. So no need.

• OpenID auth request contains an unregistered domain: http://community.ideasmakemarket.com

Am getting this error... I am a newbie to using vanilla forums... how to resolve this?