Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

CLEditor jQuery WYSIWYG v 0.5 + Vanilla 2.0.18.11 + IE 11 = "Body is required." error when posting.

DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Workaround for this seems to be clicking on Write Comment first, the typing the post, then Post Comment, but (a) kludge and (b) kind of sucks for the IE users, since it means they lose the formatting options, which is sort of the point of having the plugin. :)

I've tried the other editors that show up when I search for WYSIWIG plugins, but they all seem to be break in similar ways, though in different browsers or in different contexts.

Anyone sorted out a fix for this on their own, or know of a version of the editor that's newer than 2010 and doesn't have this problem?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

IE 11 support was added to CLEditor with version 1.4.4 (per the release here: http://premiumsoftware.net/CLEditor/WhatsNew).

The version in this plugin is 1.3.0.

I tested the default cleditor plugin (v1.3.1) with Vanilla 2.1 in IE 11 and it works fine. It is running cleditor 1.4.4.

The 2.0.18.11 version of the cleditor plugin (v1.1) comes with cleditor 1.3.0 and does not work in IE 11.

IF IE 11 support is paramount to you, I would suggest either a) disabling the cleditor plugin in 2.0.18.11 or b) upgrading to Vanilla 2.1 and using the default cleditor plugin.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Okay. Going to take a stab at upgrading to 2.1 today or tomorrow, and hope I can get the templates back to what my aging faculty think of as 'normal'. :)

• Options

Thanks, Just updated CLeditor css and js files its working fine. no need to upgrade the venilla forum.

• Options

Heh. Too late. :/