Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla API & iOS

Hi

Can I get a briefing as to how to login a user and use the Vanilla API given by kasper for iOS?

Thanks
Aravind

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

The API can be used in any language that supports HTTP requests.

Are you looking for help with iOS development?

For help getting started developing an iOS app, check out Apple's documentation here: https://developer.apple.com/library/iOS/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/RoadMapiOS/index.html

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hi hgtonight, Thanks a lot for the reply.
    I am not looking for help with regard to iOS development. I exactly need the procedure to login to Vanilla forums using the API. I am unable to find the documentation so comprehensive with respect to login. If you can help me out, it will be really great.

Thanks

• @AravindS see what it says in the docs

https://github.com/kasperisager/vanilla-api/wiki/Authentication

You either login normal and use the service, or you use an api key.

If you are doing server<>sever then you use the api credentials. You won't worry about sessions, becuase the session is abstracted. You would simply supply the username and email for the call.

On the clientside (client<>server), then you wouldn't leak credentials. Instead the user would already be logged in, and the the api calls would be made only on the basic of their session.

grep is your friend.

• Great.. What is the corresponding endpoint for doing this authentication call?

• Are you not reading the docs? it is all above /api

grep is your friend.