HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

To Vanilla Forum Staff

Hello.

I register today on this forum and now I check my Inbox and got spam of over 1000 E-mails

with this message

Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: "Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \"Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \\"Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \\\\"Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \\\\\\\\"Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Re: [Vanilla Community] Autoreply: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Re: [Vanilla Community]

I removed 9k Letter because it to much to post and keep getting e-mails

Comments

• I block your Domain in E-mail got over 2007 E-mails from vanilla forum

• x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2014

do you have Autoreply on your email client?

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2014

Because if so it is an auto-reply loop, caused, by client responding to vanilla emails.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@mlody1039 Sorry to hear that. As @x00 mentioned, it's likely your email service/client is auto-replying to our notifications, which in turn create another notification because we have post-by-email enabled.

It looks like you turned off your email notifications here, which is good. I also recommend disabling your auto-reply for Vanilla and setting up an email rule to auto-delete emails from that sender until the storm is over. I'd imagine there are more queued up that haven't sent yet, but SendGrid doesn't allow us to proactively delete them once they're in the queue.

• Okay I just blocked that domain for now yes I have auto replying but normaly nothing happend like this before thnaks for help I think thread can be close now :smile:

This discussion has been closed.