Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vote for Discussion

Since updating to 2.1 this plugin seems to have changed for the worse.

The voting buttons have changed from the nice visible buttons to the left of the posts to a tiny little button in the meta.

Also why is there now no way to vote on the discussion? Only able to vote on the comments.

Comments

• Hi @hgtonight‌ any chance you could have a look at this?

I can live with the vote buttons I can make them look as they were by editing the css (I might actually go back to the old version of the plugin because I also don't like the 'sort comments by' function).

The voting on a discussion being the largest problem for me. I'd be very grateful if you could help me get around this. :-)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I can check it out, but I want to plug my own addon instead. ;)

Check out Yaga here: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/yaga-application.

If this doesn't do what you want, let me know.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks @hgtonight‌.

I have Yaga, but use it for something different to what I want voting for. (I use it for admins and moderators use only).

What I like about voting is the ability to have a simple voting system that adds to the number when up-voted and removes votes when down-voted.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

From the discussion list, you can now only vote up by clicking on the vote box. Clicking again will remove your vote.

In a specific discussion, the discussion event changed. Add the following to your /plugins/Voting/class.voting.plugin.php file on line 206:

public function DiscussionController_AfterDiscussionMeta_Handler($Sender) {
      $this->DiscussionController_AfterCommentMeta_Handler($Sender);
    }

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight‌ Thank you so much! It works perfectly.