Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

YAGA: Reactions Visible to Original Poster? (Suggestion more than a bug)

DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

It's early, and I just realized I'm an idiot and a bit blind to boot.

Disregard this post.

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Make sure that your users have Yaga.Reactions.View permission. You will be able to see the record of reactions on your own and other's posts.

It is confusing, I know. Hopefully better documentation will make things clear.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭

Thanks, HG.

That first row you highlighted - that is there, and I'm sorry I said it wasn't. Just what I needed.

This post has got me curious, though - on this forum, I can see the Reaction buttons on my own posts, but on my implementation (0.5 on 2.1 stable vanilla) you don't see the reaction options when mousing over your own comments. Is that a configuration option I missed?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can't react to your own posts that is why you don't see them on your own comments.

• DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭

Right. I just think it's interesting that I can see them as a clickable option on my posts for this forum.

Granted, it's not really clickable, but it's there, and it doesn't show up at all on mine, so I'm just trying to figure out why.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The system here is a proprietary plugin written by Vanilla Forums Inc.

Yaga has an implementation that is similar, but written by me. I am not affiliated with Vanilla Forums Inc.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@hgtonight

I am not affiliated with Vanilla Forums Inc.

except for being ace moderator.

@DoyceT
    Right. I just think it's interesting that I can see them as a clickable option on my posts for this forum.

everyone designs there own plugins as they want. plugins on vanillaforums may be specific for vanillaforums or heavily customized, even though analogous functionality may exist with other user add-ons.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.